The mkiv Supra Owners Club

looking for tight suspension

RamzisX

Hi, please advise what to do, I have upgraded to 20'' wheels on non turbo Jspec 94' and have problems with oem soft suspension by wheels touching arches. Who knows what suspension would help and where to get it from without spending too much.

Thanks in advance

Hi, please advise what to do, I have upgraded to 20'' wheels on non turbo Jspec 94' and have problems with oem soft suspension by wheels touching arches. Who knows what suspension would help and where to get it from without spending too much.

Thanks in advance

None.

Fit some sensible sized wheels instead.... I hear 22's are fine.

Thanks in advance

N/A, 20" wheels muuuuust resist :taped::taped:

If it's rubbing on stock suspension you'll need to get some aftermarket kit with adjustable platforms & dampers. If they are rubbing under day to day driving it's going to be the first "raised" supra! If it's under cornering load then it's going to be a very stiff ride and not particularly nice to drive.

Also, has it had a full suspension realignment since the wheel change?

20's are a very, very bad choice wheel for this car, the suspension gets exponentially worse when you move to 18's, let alone 20 inch wheels!

20's???!!

It'll never handle that well with wheels so big, no matter what shocks/coilovers you put on anyway, your just throwing good money after bad.

Have you had the arches rolled? Wide body rear panels or extended wheel arches are a possibility and would help, then you'd need mahooosive wheel spacers (more stress on the hubs = premature wear/failure) But for the cost of the work you'd be better off selling the 20's and buying 18's then fitting a decent set of coilovers.

Just my 2p worth ;)

Edited by turbonut (see edit history)

Did someone call for a chav?

20" wheels are about the furthest you can get from an upgrade. In fact, you've just fucked up your cars handling. No amount of "tight" suspension will help. What do you mean "tight" anyway? Like a tiger?

Really subtle Gaz! :rlol: