The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EMU memory battery disconnect?

suprattgaz

Will my EMU re-set itself if I "winter" the car and take it off the road with no battery attached for 4 months? I can't find any info as to whether this will happen?

Nothing else will be an issue will it? Only stereo and stock ECU would be affected which will be fine?

Thanks,

Gary

Will my EMU re-set itself if I "winter" the car and take it off the road with no battery attached for 4 months? I can't find any info as to whether this will happen?

Nothing else will be an issue will it? Only stereo and stock ECU would be affected which will be fine?

Thanks,

Gary

disconnecting the battery has no effect on EMU or EMB for that fact...

Guys im currently putting my supra off the road for the winter, But i start it every 3 or 4 days.

Can the seals not dry out on the turbos if you just leave it there????

Only like the rest of the engine, in that turbo seals are metal just like all the bearings in the engine, so subject to the same physics.

I believe starting it for a bit is actually a bad thing. The initial cold start moment generates a lot of crap that doesn't get burnt off as you turn the engine off. Condensation and acidic byproducts then sit in the engine. Could be rubbish though, it's just something I read once :)

But you won't be doing any preventative good by firing it up for a bit every few days, so don't bother. Just roll forward or backward a bit every month or two if you can so the tyres don't deform. That's the only thing I know of that can definitely get mullered in that time period.

-Ian