The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hi from a 200sx s13 owner

Guest joeS13sx

Guest joeS13sx

hi folks i'm a member of the sxoc and should be starting a 2JZ conversion on my S13 just after xmas and thought here should be a great place for info and advice and for sourcing

go easy on me:d

Guest joeS13sx
Hi Joe and welcome. Sounds like quite a project you have there. Are you a member on Driftworks? They recently did a 2jz conversion on an S15 so that might also be a good place to get info from.

I take it you're building a drift car?

yes mate i'm a member on driftworks

as it happens it's not going to be a drift car which is a 1st for an S13!! it's going to be used a fast road car with the odd track day and a 1/4 mile blast i'm hoping for around a high 11/ low 12 quater miles with it running hopefully around 450/500 with a few mods and a sorted suspension set-up

the thing is all of lads i know are running fairly fast cars now and i seem to have got left behind after starting a family ect ect

Edited by joeS13sx (see edit history)

I'm not sure an S13 platform with a 2JZ would make a great platform for a fast road car, as there's a hell of alot more weight over the front wheels than there would be with an SR20 / CA18.

Have you thought about a V8? That should help keep the weight behind the wheels.

Guest joeS13sx
You'll need a much wider rear track with proper geo and suspension. Good luck! A decent Supra will be cheaper though :)

well i'm going for the whole lot with regards to suspension and geo most stuff is dirt cheap for the S13 i got the complete engine with all ancillarys turbos ect really really cheap just need a gearbox ecu propshaft plus i'll be doing all the fabrication work and the conversion my self and it will be a lot cheaper than buying a supra i thin including the engine it should stand me at around 1500 to for the conversion parts thats including the engine

well i'm going for the whole lot with regards to suspension and geo most stuff is dirt cheap for the S13 i got the complete engine with all ancillarys turbos ect really really cheap just need a gearbox ecu propshaft plus i'll be doing all the fabrication work and the conversion my self and it will be a lot cheaper than buying a supra i thin including the engine it should stand me at around 1500 to for the conversion parts thats including the engine

Going auto then? Still, I will eat my bed if you do all that for a DOCUMENTED £1500.

Guest joeS13sx
Going auto then? Still, I will eat my bed if you do all that for a DOCUMENTED £1500.

sorry EDIT was meant to say £2500

well i'm gussing at that by the parts i still need but on the other hand i dont know what the bits go for the engine has cost penuts and i mean peanuts

irrc K-Konversions do a complete conversion kit with everthing for $4000

how much do the 5 speed boxs go for also how much will an ecu and prop set me back?

Edited by joeS13sx (see edit history)