The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rant! TNT courier - how dare you treat my TRD bonnet in such a manner!

supra_aero

Rant

I got my TRD bonnet saturday from a member on here- thanks alot ;) - He kindly delivered it to me in his van.

Anyway I use intercouriers to arrange a pick up to deliver it back to my bodyshop in London. That was easy enough.

The courier arrives to pick up the bonnet and states it cant be taken unless fully covered ( I had just covered up the edges to stop scratches to the edge, as it needs a respray anyway so not bothered the hood itself gets scratched).

Anyway he went off and said he'd come back later.

I spend the best part of nearly 2 hours packaging it.

The guy comes to pick it up. I could not BELIEVE the way he carried it (scrapping it along the ground to the van) and pretty much slamming it into the van!! He knew it was worth £450 although insured, yet treated it like that. I do hope it arrives in 1 piece.

TBH i paid much less than that for the bonnet so if he delivers it broken I am happy to profit from it :D

Should have taken his reg and name there and then mate, i would.

Didn't think of that. Was so annoyed and surprised by it before I recollected my thoughts he was gone.

:( - Sure they'll be able to trace who collected it. Its due to arrive at the bodyshop in next 3 hours so we'll soon see if it made it in 1 piece.

Couriers are generally all the same I am afraid.

I managed a courier/parcel company for many years and even though my drivers had it drilled into them how to handle parcels in the correct manner, we couldn't do anything about how the airline or shipping agent unloaded them from the plane/ship.

If only people could see what happens to them.. :blink:

I still have the same problem now. As I live in Jersey, I have to ship everything I buy off the forum and the state of some of the bits when they arrive is unreal.

Let's just hope your bonnet arrives okay as the last thing you want to do is have to claim. You will be long gone before they finally pay out.

Oh dear. I did have a feeling this wasn't going to end well.

Good luck with the claim.

Please tell me it was signed for as damaged at the other end?

Gaz.

It was packaged so he didn't realise until he opened it up. I think he can repair it but still - I am claiming the full £400+ from TNT.

That'll go towards the TT conversion later this year :D

Mmm... almost as if you planned it... perhaps it was damaged before it left...

;) That made me laugh but alas no, it was certainly not planned. Its going to cost me more to repair and spray it now, and I don't even know how the claim process is handled.

Gaz just make sure you don't lower the price on your website for TRD bonnets whilst I process my claim ;)

:unfair:

It was packaged so he didn't realise until he opened it up. I think he can repair it but still - I am claiming the full £400+ from TNT.

That'll go towards the TT conversion later this year :D

:notme:

They keep this up I'm changing my tag.