The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supras and ice dont mix.

chris2o2

Quick and frustrated rant about pretty much nothing .

Just finished my night shift , drive home cautiously as the conditions got kinda slippy during the night(Snowed for a while then froze , think ice-rink!). All was fine the 10 odd miles home until i try to go up my drive......

:( Slip and slide all the over road and kerb while waking almost every neighbour .

I live on quite a steep hill in a quiet village on a nice quiet road....that never ever gets salted :search: so i now have to try and sleep in the knowledge my wee supra is badly parked on the kerb outside on a hill which at the moment is a death-trap and in a few hours all the locals will be sliding up and down it to get the kids to school and go to work .

:(I hate winter and i hate bloody nightshifts .

Goodnight.

I got stuck in my backing this morning, drove out my back garden onto the dirt track I go down the dirt track to the bottom and turn left to go on main road, when i turned left i kinda went straight on and was about 2 foot away from hitting my neighbours wall, I tried to back up but that just made me slide forward so i was about 1 foot from the wall, I was stuck there for 12mins in the funniest of angles this morning helpless With people walking there kids to school up the backing looking at me.

My neighbour has just been round and woke me to tell me the supra is slowly but surely sliding down the road !!! I've never seen the road so bad, its like an cm of pure ice right across it .

The car had move about 5-6 foot down the hill only stopping when the wheel caught the edge of the kerb , thank god i turned the wheel as far as i could.

Better go get some salting done i guess :(

where'd u stay chris?

Kilbarchan mate , about 6-7 miles from Paisley.

Just as i finished the doing my bit the gritter turns up :rolleyes: i spoke to the guy and he very kindly reversed up my drive covering it in salt :D

BEFORE -

The whole street was like this , sheet ice .

WOOHOO-

The council fella reckons -10 tonight , might have to borrow my Dads daily clio thingy tonight me thinks .

i don't think ill be going to my mates for a while lol.. has there roughly 2/3 ways in and they all have hills to go up - and if it like that in the pics then i won't be going no where.

it suppose to be getting worst than this ant it ?

i think its either drive carefully or don't drive at all!!!

I got stuck after finishing work today as well. Made it all the way home, then got stuck going on to the drive. I know i don't look stuck in the picture but it was a right bugger to get on. There's a very small curb where my back wheels are and the path is on a slight gradient but i couldn't get it up ;) Took 3 of us with shovels about 20 mins to get it on the drive.

I got stuck after finishing work today as well. Made it all the way home, then got stuck going on to the drive. I know i don't look stuck in the picture but it was a right bugger to get on. There's a very small curb where my back wheels are and the path is on a slight gradient but i couldn't get it up ;) Took 3 of us with shovels about 20 mins to get it on the drive.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f329/jamescalv/Supra/stuck.jpg

LOL, that's nuts. If I saw that much snow at my front door (I won't live on Coast) I wouldn't dream of using the Supe as I would be snow ploughing for my whole Village in mine. ;)

Hey guys, drop your tyre pressures by at least 10psi ... ;)

Would this work with tyres this low profile?

LOL, that's nuts. If I saw that much snow at my front door (I won't live on Coast) I wouldn't dream of using the Supe as I would be snow ploughing for my whole Village in mine. ;)

Wow a reason on it's own to get rid of the Veilside :p:d