The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi from newbie, question about rear seat space for child seat?

mobius

Hi folks first post so be gentle, currently own a 1994 3.0 Soarer and looking possibly to change to a Mk4 Supra within the next 6 -9 months.

I know before you say anything that the rear seating space is non existant, but I occasionally have to pick up my grandson, (2 and a half) and was wondering if any one has ever fitted a child seat in the back of a Supra .

This will be the decider of sticking with the Soarer (uprade to a post 96 turbo) or go for a Supra, we normally use the wifes car but sometimes I need to collect him when she is at work, with her car.

Thanks Dave

hi m8, it depends on the manufacturer of the seat, my nephew has 2 seats 1 fits in the other doesnt. just a case of trial and error i guess. the problem is the bucket of the supra seat. child seats tend to be quite a wide base so doesnt sit flat....

Hi folks first post so be gentle, currently own a 1994 3.0 Soarer and looking possibly to change to a Mk4 Supra within the next 6 -9 months.

I know before you say anything that the rear seating space is non existant, but I occasionally have to pick up my grandson, (2 and a half) and was wondering if any one has ever fitted a child seat in the back of a Supra .

This will be the decider of sticking with the Soarer (uprade to a post 96 turbo) or go for a Supra, we normally use the wifes car but sometimes I need to collect him when she is at work, with her car.

Thanks Dave

ive had a baby seat in the back of mine, dunno what make though.

thanks for quick replies guys, and no sarky replies. The Soarer rear seat has bucket dip in the middle as well and seat fits no problem, its just that the legth of the soarer seat is a bit longer than the Supra thats what got me wondering. Thanks, so may well be getting a Supra at some point in the future.:)

Just need to decide what to go for, like I say I may stick with the Soarer had 2 a V8 for 2 years and the 3.0 ltr I have, coming up 5 years, and even contemplated a Stagea (just to be different).

So will keep checking in and see whats about when its time to change and make my mind up over the next few months

Thanks again Dave:)

ITs good to know felt a little bit awkward asking the question but looking good the important thing is the wife has said its OK:to get one as its my car (been a good boy of late).

so positive to hear about the how lold some of the kids are in the back.

My boy was 1 when i got my first supra and he has been travelling around all over the country to shows ever since , he is 4 1/2 now .....its getting a bit snug for him now as he needs a bit more leg room so the missus has to put the seat a bit further foward than she would normally.