The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on a respray

Rosslomas

Hey guys, I know this sort of thing has been posted before, but I couldnt find what I needed. I need to get some scratches taken out of my supra. It was keyed from wheel arch to wheel arch down one side, on the bonnet and above a front wheel arch. Im looking to get a few other minor scratches and chips done also.

Ive started getting quotes from a few garages and im getting conflicting advice. One place says the only way to get a good, long lasting finish is to have whole panels sprayed, (quite expensive) Other places are saying that they can treat and blend just over the scratches with just as good a finish for fractions of the price.

Will I be able to get the right finish or is this really a case of you get what you pay for? Both garages seem reputable, both recommended to me?

Im in Peterborough if anybody has other recommendations

I had all of mine redone for £1200 - if its getting pricey for small areas and you have lots of small dinks and scratches, why not see about a full respray (with windows and engine in). I used DKM Bodyworks in Lincoln for mine and they were superb.

Yeh, it just seems a bit of a waste, the rest of the paint is pristine, just these 3 big scratches! The smaller bits are just a scuff on the front lip and 2-3 stone chips on one of the side skirts. (and the cheaper job will full spray the lip and fill the stone chips)

It may be worth letting him do those and see how the turn out, those he can do for £50 plus Vat

mate, if your paint has been in the car for some time, and you get scratches sorted, especially if there deep scratches I would say theres a pretty good chance your still gonna see the repair, due to the surrounding paint aging, and the colour not matching up perfectly due to this.. my advice is save for a re spray or at least get the wing door etc done if thats the damaged area..