The mkiv Supra Owners Club

They tried to right it off - but UK TT is back!

Stevie72

Had accident 2 months ago which was my fault.

Insurance Company (Budget - Fortis) tried to write my UK 93TT Auto off with only £3k worth of damage (These were Toyota part prices with Labour).

They offered me £2k pay off and I went beserk.

Send letter and usual evidence of other similar Supra's (Hard to find same examples!!) so they could see what my car was worth - I said £7k, although i would of taken between £5-6k).

In short I said i would report to FSA etc and then they agreed to repair. Funny part is that after work started they found suspension damage and the repair bill came to £6k in the end!!!!! Apparently the garage paid £1,600 for an undertray fromToyota!!!

That will teach the Insurance Co to try and take the biscuit as they have probably lost more now than actually offering a decent payout to write it off. I had a courtesy car for over a month as well and it all adds up.

Basically to anyone having trouble with their Insurance Co with payouts/repairs - keep the pressure up, it makes it worth while in the end.

The result is another UK TT remains on the roads and she has been repaired to a very good stanard and am well happy!!

Kind Regards

Steve

£5k-6k for a 93 uk TT auto? I'd say thats a tad optimistic, even for a UK? I certainly wouldnt even entertain those numbers for a 93 auto, regardless of it being UK. My 96 J-Spec TT cost me £6600 in April with 50k kilometres and is in brand new condition. and you want similar money for a car nearly 4 years older?

£5k-6k for a 93 uk TT auto? I'd say thats a tad optimistic, even for a UK? I certainly wouldnt even entertain those numbers for a 93 auto, regardless of it being UK. My 96 J-Spec TT cost me £6600 in April with 50k kilometres and is in brand new condition. and you want similar money for a car nearly 4 years older?

Yes but it's a UK and these hold a good premium, even in current climate to European buyers, so yes would say value is easily between £5-6k.

You can get hold of J-Specs for silly money, but i always wanted a UK Spec....... better IMO

Yours is a J-Spec, different rules.

I bet it doesn't really have 50,000km though ;)

Yours is a J-Spec, different rules.

I bet it doesn't really have 50,000km though ;)

I really hope it did! It doesn't anymore now though :p I never realised just how much of a premium UK specs command! I feel enlightened now, thankyou chaps :) I wasn't having a go by the way lol

Increased quotes/premiums for Supra owners more likely now though

No more so than any other performance car i expect - But i suppose your one of these drivers that has never had an accident!

It's my premium that takes the brunt of it, not yours!

Anyway, you come from Wales so what do you know :p