The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chrome Cleaning - Recommendations?

Guest Khan2

now this week im thinking to start polish on my engine bay! :D

My Engine bay look abit rust as dull!!

Chrome Cleaning - Recommendations? :innocent:

which kind of polish best to buy? mother polish autoglym, metal polish? :search:

I think i need to grab 0000 steel wool, Microfiber, brush something like that.

do i have to take part out or stay? it is nightmare to take part out to polish it?

one thing need to ask, i seen some people use water jet on engine :blink:. so im bit worry if it can caught damage the wire from water? is there any problem with it?

is there any guide how to polish step by step?

anyone had done it before?, if so post picture here dude ;)

I reckon it will be look nice to see as shiney as bling!!:cool:

:Popcorn:

might be a big help if you post a picky of your engine bay and what you want to polish

if its just chrome your polishing and its in decent condition then it shouldnt need much work to bring it back like new,

if its bare aluminium then lots more hard work involved and dependant on what parts you want to polish i'd recomend removing them from the car if you want to do them properly and send to a good polisher !

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Mine engine actually is stock as doing bpu. :)

I need to polish right top of cooler pipe and left. Also need to polish two size of spark cam.

One thing before i polish i don't want take this part out from right top of cooler pipe it nightmare is it?

Thank for reply :D

I'm interesting :innocent:/QUOTE]

It's him isn't it ? :D He can't post pics without giving it away with the dodgy carpet:)

:blink: we talking about polish on engine bay! what carpet? :search:

Are you talking about the intercooler pipes Niz ?

They look stainless to me, just wax them with the same stuff you use to protect your paintwork and you will be fine.

well i don't know what to call it top of right cooler pipe. My cooler pipe is look good as clean. :D

so im talking about top of right cooler pipe to connet.

Look at pic of red narrow that i need to polish :)

Oh i see, i think im with you now. Yopu want to polish the parts marked with the red arrows ?

If thats the cas you will need to take them off and have them polished.

You can purchase a polishing kit but be warned it is a lot of work, and is a messy business. The other option is to taslk to one of the traders who will polish the parts for you.

You need some clear lenses on that car of your's for a start. :innocent:

I can't imagine you being able to achieve a decent finish with the parts still in position. I'd suggest just leaving it alone, or paying someone who knows what they are doing.

Credit to you for wanting to get your hands dirty though. If you do decide to go ahead with it you need to post up some before,during and after pics..........just for future reference of course :D

Oh i see, i think im with you now. Yopu want to polish the parts marked with the red arrows ?

You can purchase a polishing kit but be warned it is a lot of work, and is a messy business. The other option is to taslk to one of the traders who will polish the parts for you.

cool buddy i think it nightmare to take part out. It is hard to take it out? :search:

Im glad you could help me buddy :)

You need some clear lenses on that car of your's for a start. :innocent:

I can't imagine you being able to achieve a decent finish with the parts still in position. I'd suggest just leaving it alone, or paying someone who knows what they are doing.

Credit to you for wanting to get your hands dirty though. If you do decide to go ahead with it you need to post up some before,during and after pics..........just for future reference of course :D

don't worry mate now i know what im doing :D LIVE AND LEARN ;)

you got PM'D :D