The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anyone know this car?

Big Supes

http://pistonheads.com/sales/786954.htm

Looks like I will be making a trip from Southampton to Northern Ireland to look at it... and hopefully bringing it back, if it's up to stratch. *crosses fingers*

Just thought I'd check with you guys before I booked the tickets. :D

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Big Supes
typo (see edit history)

might be nothing but get him to send you pics of the other side of the car if your travelling all that way and ask the right questions before you go too :)

That's a good point... I hadn't realised that each picture only showed the driver side. Objectivity kinda goes out of the window when I want to just get in it and drive. :O

it could just be the pics but the door line doesnt look quite right to me :)

Is there anychance you could specify in which picture it catches your eye?

http://images.pistonheads.com/aimg/786/786954-9.jpg

In this picture the top alignment looks to be ok, but I haven't owned one of these for a long time so I would trust someone who sees it everyday. :)

Ahh, I'm with you. Yeah, it's a bit tricky to see with the quality of the pics. Hopefully you're right about the protector. It certainly looks as if the protector could be to blame, but it's something to note. :thumbs:

I text the guy today asking for more recent pictures with close ups of the interior, engine bay and the car in general. He said that once his girlfriend is back he'll get her to upload the pictures to his computer as he struggles to work his way around one.

Seems like a genuine guy (for what that's worth) and he's confident that I won't be disappointed if I make the trip. Sometimes I think you've just got to take these chances. :)

yep, if it is all good and thats what your looking for it's not a bad price :)

My thoughts exactly, Tom. :thumbs:

long way to go for an NA Auto, I would spend a few more quid and have a look at the TT Auto on here for £3900

Yeah, it's definitely less than ideal to travel that far, but I intend to eventually convert this NA auto to a Aero 6sp TT. It's something I've wanted to do since, well... since I saw them in the U.S.

This car (if it turns out to be ok) is perfect for the project. :)