The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gah, some people...

Professor Kenny

I was talking to a guy I know the other week about crashing my Supe...

He's one of those guys who just pretends that he's not bothered by anything - I guess he thinks it makes him look cool? Like to show enthusiasm would show him up or something :rolleyes:

Seriously, if you gave him a winning lottery ticket he'd be like "Great, now I've got to get myself to London, sort out travel, and accomodation".

Anyway, we were talking about my car, I told him how it happened, and he said

"You spun a four-wheel-drive?"

After I told him "No, I spun a rear-wheel drive", he actually argued the point with me because "All supras are four-wheel drive". In the end I got him to believe that in fact, none of them are unless they've been modded (I'm hoping no-one's going to correct me on that point! :D)

Anyway, then he said it would be good in the end because it would give me a chance to get my car bodykitted up. I told him I liked the stock look and he argued with me again...

"But you've got that evo wing on the back".

I actually laughed at that and told him that I had a Supra wing on the back, and it had been there since the car left the factory.

Honestly, why would you try arguing with someone about their own car? :blink:

He probably thinks you drive a Subaru anyway... :rolleyes:

This is annoying as hell, I get this alot and so do other members on here! :(

My reaction to this when someone says it to me is:

''No it's a TOYOTA SUPRA and it's a REAL Japanese sports car''...:D

That tends to shut them up after that - unless they own a Poobaru...:D

I get that sometimes, people get the supra and the celica GT4 mixed up and swear blind that the supra is 4wd, doesn't bother me, I just tell them what a supra is and the seem even more impressed as most people are used to seeing four pots, that is before they say the obligatory phrase 'what sort off mileage you get then?'

:blink: :eek:

4 wheel drive? i thought it was 3 wheel drive..............

Some of the romanian imports are 3 wheel drive with 5 and a half pot engines. Someone at a petrol station mistaked my car for a trans am once, He loved my car and thought i would have paid around 10-12k for it.