The mkiv Supra Owners Club

single intercooler help

L33

i have a spec m greddy 2 row intercooler and im planning on fitting the phr street single kit so running around 500bhp

looking at getting the greddy 3 row but its around £1200. ive priced this into my budget buy would be nice to save money where i can so...

is there any other intercoolers that wil be capable of the job for less money? do i have to buy a whole new intercooler kit again or can i just change the core?

cheers

Lee

A stock side mount will handle 400bhp and a 2 row fmic is only rated to the same?

When i first got the red T88 supra that had a 2 row fmic and all was ok but i upgraded to a blitz 3 row when i rebuilt the car.

As on a budget id still give it a try and make sure its properly ducted.

Also there are plenty of single cars running around with the xs power ic, as you have the pipework already that could work out a cheaper option.

what was your T88 running bhp wise?

its just hard budgeting and knowing where to save money! obviously if the intercooler will stil make it run fine i would like to keep as i said beofre its near on new!!

lui did you get my txt?

cheers for the help you 2

cheers mate, hope you can help answer his questions

o and another question, will the greddy profec B boost controller be any good for the phr single kit? i just know of a second hand one going at a good price, again if not wil buy another

o rite cheers heckler.

im not to clue up on mechanics of cars so what extra bits would i need to fit the single kit? i have a double decat, but people mention a different down pipe, um what is a down pipe :S i thought that was the 1st cat coming down which ive got rid of for decat any way. and phr mentioned they dont have the right fitment for my intercooler, what part do they mean? because they do have a list of specific intercoolers they cater for

cheers mate, hope you can help answer his questions

o and another question, will the greddy profec B boost controller be any good for the phr single kit? i just know of a second hand one going at a good price, again if not wil buy another

I have a GReddy profec B spec II B boost controller on my PHR stage 1 ... I love it :)

o rite cheers heckler.

im not to clue up on mechanics of cars so what extra bits would i need to fit the single kit? i have a double decat, but people mention a different down pipe, um what is a down pipe :S i thought that was the 1st cat coming down which ive got rid of for decat any way. and phr mentioned they dont have the right fitment for my intercooler, what part do they mean? because they do have a list of specific intercoolers they cater for

the PHR kits come with a down pipe which connects to the second decat pipe (big one of the two). The intercooler pipe is the one pice pipe which connects from the turbo to the FMIC - but this is specific to the intercooler as they have different inlets

o rite cheers heckler.

The downpipe is the pipe you have running from the midpipe (pipe attached to the turbo) to the exhaust. I had the same on my Supe (when I was BPU) as Lui has ... the RMM downpipe which is a really nice piece and work great with the PHR street kit.

Regarding the intercooler, PHR makes aluminium pipes for the GReddy 3 row intercooler, not the 2 row one. So you would have to get the alu pipes somewhere else to have the intercooler connected to the turbo and intake.

cheers for the basic explanation you two its really helps!

so if i keep my intercooler i wil be getting rid of my 1st decat and have to some how source i pipe from turbo to intercooler. any heads up where to get that from?

all this is great news because my budget has now dropped by 1k as i can keep my intercooler! cheers for the help!

so if i keep my intercooler i wil be getting rid of my 1st decat and have to some how source i pipe from turbo to intercooler. any heads up where to get that from?

all this is great news because my budget has now dropped by 1k as i can keep my intercooler! cheers for the help!

no idea... probably get one made up...

No prob ;)

As said, the RMM downpipe is not really expensive and removes the 2nd cat too ... gives you better response and a better bhp figure (you just have to switch back to the OEM downpipe for MOT)

Regarding the intercooler pipes, talk to the guy who will work on your car ... maybee a little bit custom working and it will fit :)

Who is it on here that's running nearly 600bhp with 'just' a decent side mount intercooler - is it Wez?

Yes a decent side can do it, sometimes its not just about what can do it but what helps do it if you know what I mean, But your right, Hence my question - do we need to change it yet? lets get mapped up and see what can be done.

;)