The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Shiny bit

dude

Originally posted by NWS25

If you done it mate then it aint to bad for a monkey :p :D

You give me a discount on a re-spray and I'll teach you how to weld.

Thanks dude , it looks better in the flesh !!!:blink: .... slinks off to the welding for dummies class !!!!:(

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by Peter Sharp

Why just the end dude ?

I assume it's to get more air in but, the section that bolts to the intake manifold is the same dia right ?

would you not have to have a wider TB and also a modded/replacement Intake manifold too, to get the most out of it ?

just wondering.

A big F**k off manifold would be lovely but this is just to get rid of the TRAC butterfly (ive had it disconnected for a while now ) :D

Dude:flame Dev

Guest Usmann A

John, not being picky but by you using a larger pipe into the throttle body, yet retaining the same diameter after the throttle flap you will ahve a good sized lip around the incoming air, thus causing turbulance and kind of decreacing air pressure?

Am I missing something?

Rgds

U

OD of both pipes is the same , the step is not very noticable in real life but sometimes turbulence is a good thing , the headers on a lot of yank drag racers have a small bead of weld around the inside of the top of the tube , this creates a vortex that sucks out the exhust gas as well as it being pushed out , this was tested on the dyno and proved very effective.

Dude :flame Dev