The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I am so gutted :(

Fearless

Look what some d head from Bristol just did to my baby :(

I stopped at red lights underneath the M32 coming from Frenchay into Bristol, sat there for at least 5 seconds then Bang some idiot drives right into me.

Back axle or chassis (not sure which yet) is bent too

attachment.php?attachmentid=84668&stc=1&d=1227716783

attachment.php?attachmentid=84669&stc=1&d=1227716783

Picture2 001.jpg

Picture2 002.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

God Dammit! Poor Supe! You'd think brightly coloured cars would be easier to notice! I had a Civic Jordan before, bright yellow, and yet I STILL had someone drive into me!

Hope you get it sorted mate!

On a side note, that Supra looks VERY familiar! I saw one in Max Power a while ago, Widekitted and brght orange, is it the same one??

What a pain... sorry to see this mate.. hope you get it sorted soon.

Body kit has to come from Japan so it's not going to be any time soon :(

At least the driver missed the wheel, if thats a saving grace.

I wish it had :( that rear wheel took the full force and is now about 2 inches further forward than it should be, shunted the whole car forward a few yards with the force of impact.

Did they stop / exchange insurance details with you or is it yet another hit and run?

Yes he stopped and gave me his details.

How the driver could miss a big fat widebodied orange supra is a wonder of the world.

Exactly, and if I wasn't there he would of ploughed on into the traffic that had started to emerge from the junction that now had green lights.

Sorry to see this bud,and the SW meet this weekend.You really dont have a lot of luck when it comes down to there meets.:(

At least I had bit of fun and nearly made it to the meet last time but melted a couple of pistons on the way there :p

The car is not safe to drive now as the back end wants to go in a different direction to the front.

I don't know what is going to happen with the insureance now but my cover is for an agreed value so hopefully it will not be written off

Did he look pretty sick when he got out? He must have know he had damaged something which was going to cost his insurance a fair few pounds.

He was pretty shocked, I somehow stayed fairly calm but my Daughter really gave him some abuse, funny I never heard her swear before and didn't know she even knew such words :blink:

Sorry to see this dude, i had some fool bash into mine the other day but it was a hit a run, as it was parked in a car park i never got the details, hopefully the police will look at the CCTV footage although i am still waiting for someone to get back to me....

There are some blind fools out there eh, fancy hitting a large orange supra....cant really say he did not see it.

Dam, that will be expensive to fix, write off?

Not sure really, insurance has given the job to a repair shop in bristol. They phoned me to ask if it could be driven or did they need to send a flat bed truck.

After I had finished explaining what type of a car it was and that it wouldn't go on a normal recovery truck and the body kit has to come from Japan he sounded very depressed and said he would have to "Make some more enquiries"

Not sure really, insurance has given the job to a repair shop in bristol. They phoned me to ask if it could be driven or did they need to send a flat bed truck.

After I had finished explaining what type of a car it was and that it wouldn't go on a normal recovery truck and the body kit has to come from Japan he sounded very depressed and said he would have to "Make some more enquiries"

Sorry to see this.

What body shop is that mate is i know a few guys that work in one of the major shops.