The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Member.. NEed abit of advice

Guest s920

Hello people..

Thinking of buying my first supra.. going to be a None turbo.

Ive found one its a 1996 N Plate with 85k miles on the clock.

It has some service history.. it was imported in 2002 or something...

What sort of price should i be paying for a car like this? Also im going to view it tomorrow.. is there anything i should look out for?

Lastly... the car has no spoiler....isit hard to find and fit an OEM spoiler?

regards

86,000 miles, *please not this is a non-turbo* 3 Door Hatchback, Petrol, Automatic, Electric moving seats, *Parking Sensors*, Ice Cold Air-Con & Climate contro,l Driver AND Passenger airbags, ABS, Central Locking, Immobiliser, Leather rear seats and FULL leather upholstery, Colour Coded Body (very rare original blue), Electric Mirrors, Electric Windows, Folding Rear Seats, Rear Fog Light built-in to Rear Lights, Front Fog Lights, Tilt-Steering, Non-Turbo, Original Double Din Stereo. Original Alloy Wheels, Perfect Condition, no problems, reluctant sale but must go as i have no space to keep the car! Imported 1st January 2006. Rust free. All Relevant documents available with some service history. Timing and Cambelt recently changed. All Inspections welcome!.

thats the add.....

TO be fair this one looks like the cleanest example ive seen.. plus it isnt far from where i live... the only let down is the spoiler... the cars totally standard no modds what so ever

i dont think its a facelift however i think its one of the last ones befroe the fsacelift as it has the steering wheel with airbag etc..

In regards to the spoiler.. how hard isit to fit?

I would advise against the auto NA. If you can get a manual, do so. Its not an issue with the TT cars, but the auto NA does suffer with performance.

I have to disagree with that. Obviously It depends from what car you are coming from but Im another auto fan converted from a non-believer. You can use it pretty much as a manual. Only downside would be the inability the slip the clutch to spin the wheels. Obviously if you're coming from an M3 or something you'll be disappointed, but it is a 1500kg car with 220bhp, and you need to rev it to get all that power. It is possible to go "Hmm, is this it?" when you plant your foot but the car responds with kickdown etc and generally is great. Id say definitely test drive one and drive it how you'd drive it if it was yours, not how you think you should test drive it ;)

Welcome

96 wasn't a facelift, they didnt start till 98 iirc. Also, I'm not sure if they made them in blue? Can't say I've ever seen one, but it could have been sprayed at some point. There is a guide you should look at here, really helped me out when I bought mine. Probably the most comprehensive on the net.

Good luck with the purchase, let us have some pics when you get it.

Dean

I would advise against the auto NA. If you can get a manual, do so. Its not an issue with the TT cars, but the auto NA does suffer with performance.

NA Auto at Silverstone with sub in the boot and fecked brakes :D

Was a bit wet as well.

v7Y2SWiBIcE