The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra luuurve fading..bills...bills..

turbonut

Well, the supra's turned into a bottomless money bucket this year, latest bill big and getting bigger :( Seem to be spending endlessly over the last 12 months. I know their old cars now but........:rolleyes:

Even found myself thinking the unthinkable last night, sell!! :giveup: Sorry, having a winge :imsorry:

Must be others thinking along the same lines :search:

One very miserable turbonut

x

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went through exactly the same thing at the start of the year - the effect it was having on the rest of my lifestyle made me hate it because it sucked up all my income. Got a 'normal' car early in the year and haven't looked back since :) Well, except for the odd pang of regret on a sunny day on the right road, but that happens sooooooo rarely now.

My car has cost me close to £5,000 in the last 5 months and thats not including the £2000 to buy it. :(

:blink:

My 306 has cost me about £1150 since February. That does include the £850 it cost to buy it though!

...and you know what? It crawls along in traffic just as quickly as the Supra did.

Linda, keep your chin up hun. Sometimes the love does die, but if you sell you'll regret it. I think, this is your only car, so does make it tricky when having issues. You could always consider getting a run around for a couple of hundred and using that over the winter. Even the saving you will make on fuel can go towards fixing the supe ready for summer again. The run around can always be sold for pretty much what you payed for it to.

Keep smiling and find the love :)

Linda, what's wrong with your car?

Be strong, I feel your pain: I used to own a 60bhp metro that turned into a bottomless money pit before it went to the great car park in the sky. At least the supra still looks good. :D

And yours Mr Apple, did the £££ go on mods or repairs?

I know how you feel Linda, I cam very close to stripping the Aristo for parts recently until an offer came into identify the problems and repair them at cost (saying that it is over £1200 so far) and with no job and no car for over 6 months it is bad.

I'm sorry you are having a bad time too, but chip up sweetie, I'll drop you a nice peaty malt next time I'm down there to bolster your collection as you know I don't enjot that stuff ;))

At least you still have your looks :eyebrows:

Don't go there Linda, its absolutely Horrid NOT having your car, but when all is going well you get back in it and you get that Big Grin :D all over again.

and you just cant beat that feeling.

Now Pull yourself together :rolleyes:

any problems call me and we'll drive over and sort you out.:eyebrows:

jamie

Yeah, what Jamie said. If you get rid of your Supra, what fun things have you got left? AFAIC, you're allowed once vice, and mine's my Supra. If it starts costing too much, shelve it for a few months if you have to, but don't sell it! Getting back into my car after not driving it for a few weeks (e.g. over the winter) is awesome. :eyebrows:

Didn't you drive yours sideways into a kerb soon after you got it though? That's hardly the car (or its reliabilities) fault! :)

:innocent:

I was trying to make Linda feel better. :)

Yes the money included new bumper, spats, respray, new suspension arm, modifications to the exhaust, hecklers dash lights conversion, full service, new brake pads, new UK lights, new sprayed dash, new battery, new alarm.

I have owned since about July and calculate she has spent half my ownership in one garage or another,

:blink:

My 306 has cost me about £1150 since February. That does include the £850 it cost to buy it though!

...and you know what? It crawls along in traffic just as quickly as the Supra did.

To be fair mine is an N/A so your 306 probably crawls faster on an empty drag strip too!

Edited by marbleapple (see edit history)