The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Few Questions...

scotty supra

I can only help with number 3:

I removed the tint on my rear window by heating up the tint with a hair dryer, then simply peeling it off slowly, heating it as I went. The electrical heating elements in the window are surprisingly resilient. This *might* leave a glue-like substance behind on the glass, which is not very visible but a b*gger to clean off: some cleaning fluid (do a search on here, not sure which one. Ammonia-based solution maybe?) and plenty of patience seems to do the trick.

1) Can the rear lights be swapped over so that they are indicator, red, red and then reverse (as most cars have)?

Do you have a UK car? The rear lights can be changed to J-Spec ones but be aware that you will have to do a foglight conversion in order to have rear fogs (like the J-Spec owners do).

I have J-Spec rears on my UK, much nicer looking, especially at night.

2) Where can i get clear lenses for the rear indicators or is this a conversion using another set of lights and swapping the reverse light for the indicator?

You need to butcher a set of UK lights to get the clear reverse light lenses out.

3) What is the best way to remove a window tint?

Napalm, bit messy though.

4) Lastly, my friend is selling a Blitz BOV from his Impreza. Will this work on the Supra - if so where can i get the bottom adapter for it as it has a different one to what i would need?

Most of the traders would be able to help (most, not all, some are crap) but I'd favour Nic if you aren't in a mad rush.

Thanks for all your help :-)

You're welcome.

I can only help with number 3:

I removed the tint on my rear window by heating up the tint with a hair dryer, then simply peeling it off slowly, heating it as I went. The electrical heating elements in the window are surprisingly resilient. This *might* leave a glue-like substance behind on the glass, which is not very visible but a b*gger to clean off: some cleaning fluid (do a search on here, not sure which one. Ammonia-based solution maybe?) and plenty of patience seems to do the trick.

use a stanley blade to get the glue off that is left behind.