The mkiv Supra Owners Club

couple of question

SpeedyAndy

Hey all,

Now i have search for a few questions ive been trying to find but only had so much joy. As my mate has a few problems with his supra.

1) Washer bottle - it seems every time we try to put water into the washer bottle, it comes straight back out, now having a quick look it seem that the washer bottle has dropped and came away from the washer bottle nozzle. Now i seems easier enough to fit back together but where's located it don't seem to the easiest place to get to, What is the easier way? Taking the wheel and pulling back the wheel ache cover ? or actually underneath the car?

2) Oil leak - It seems to be when the car is up to full temperature and he decides to have a play,when driving normal it seems to be fine and can't seen any drops on the floor, but only when his having a play and stop he getting a couple of drops, Any one help me out on this? or where it could be possible coming out from and i can't really see any traces in the engine only on the floor. The drops seem to be on the drivers side of the engine bay.

3) Broken Aerial - won't go fully down, but will go up though. Any ideas what can cause this?easy to repair?

I am currently search topics and posts on these questions, if any one can help then please do.

Thanks

Andy

Edited by SpeedyAndy (see edit history)

3) Broken Aerial - won't go fully down, but will go up though. Any ideas what can cause this?easy to repair?

Does your mate have an aftermarket head unit? I find that my headunit (JVC) the areial will go up, but won't go all the way down. I just switch the ignition on then off quickly again to make the areial fully retract. I don't know if theres a fix for this.

Does your mate have an aftermarket head unit? I find that my headunit (JVC) the areial will go up, but won't go all the way down. I just switch the ignition on then off quickly again to make the areial fully retract. I don't know if theres a fix for this.

thanks mate for the reply,

Im not to sure with out checking what head unit it is, All i know from last time it came with the car from japan when it was imported. But when i added a amp wiring kit it was very difficult to work out the wires due to there was so many and also found t.v aerials leading to the back of the car which im guessing some Japaneses person had some kind of entertainment system in there.

Also the aerial is broken it self, which i thin it will just be a complete replacement, it this easy to do your self ? and what would i have to do to get a conversion to English band ways ?

Hey all,

Now i have search for a few questions ive been trying to find but only had so much joy. As my mate has a few problems with his supra.

1) Washer bottle - it seems every time we try to put water into the washer bottle, it comes straight back out, now having a quick look it seem that the washer bottle has dropped and came away from the washer bottle nozzle. Now i seems easier enough to fit back together but where's located it don't seem to the easiest place to get to, What is the easier way? Taking the wheel and pulling back the wheel ache cover ? or actually underneath the car?

2) Oil leak - It seems to be when the car is up to full temperature and he decides to have a play,when driving normal it seems to be fine and can't seen any drops on the floor, but only when his having a play and stop he getting a couple of drops, Any one help me out on this? or where it could be possible coming out from and i can't really see any traces in the engine only on the floor. The drops seem to be on the drivers side of the engine bay.

I am currently search topics and posts on these questions, if any one can help then please do.

Thanks

Andy

1. To access the water bottle remove wheel and arch liner, it's easy enough

2. Remove undertray and check sump drain plug and replace washer if necessary.

3. Sounds like the mast needs replacing,, cheap enough from Toyota approx £40 if my memory serves me right.