The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Using Ebay

Vaughany

Hi everyone, what is the score with using ebay and do the members recommend it. I have just been on there and they are advertising the following

Strut Brace for Mkiv Supra TT - $7.50

Down pipe - $105.00

I know you have to pay shipping, insurance etc but it sounds cheap. Have any members used ebay before and what safety measures do you recommend when using it

Thanks

I would say that if you end up registering for a paypal account be aware that it can take a while as you have to wait till your next card statement comes out. That or keep phoning the bank up until the transaction has gone through.

Aslo note that you have to pay a fee for using paypal. Ebay itself seems quite good though once you get used to it.

It all in the bidding technique;)

Remember ebay is an auction site, the prices wont stay that low.

I always make sure I buy from people with lots of positive feed back and I've not had a problem yet. You can also pay using PayPal which give a bit of flexability if your goods do not turn up. You can take the money back from the person until they can prove the good have been either shipped or delivered by supplying tracking numbers. You could get away with paying tax by getting them to send it as a 'present', although some traders will do that anyway. ;) :)

I've now got 35 positive comments and 100%. I've picked up a few bargains and sold a few things myself, cant really fault it.

:)

Originally posted by Steve W2

Aslo note that you have to pay a fee for using paypal.

Paypal is free to use, the only time it costs you anything is if you are putting money back into your bank.

Some sellers charge 3% if you pay them by Paypal, is that what you meant??

Originally posted by NWS25

Paypal is free to use, the only time it costs you anything is if you are putting money back into your bank.

Some sellers charge 3% if you pay them by Paypal, is that what you meant??

Every seller charges 3% on top of the asking price unless thay have already included that in the reserve or 'buy it now' price.

But yes that is what I meant:)