The mkiv Supra Owners Club

alignment help...

Roy

ahh ... my man chris ! :) top man - thanks mate. i've been going spare since my tyre change and the handling turned to shite. the rltc is on full wet and the rear is jumping around like a demented kangaroo (ok ok ... i exxagerate a bit! LOL ). cheers bud. ;) :cool:

ooops - my bad mate. i meant to say chris but 2 bottles of wine messes with your head something bad ! :eek:

pls accept my apologies mate - no offense meant :)

hmm - this makes me wonder if i got the time right when i replied to your thread about NOT buying a jag ? :innocent: :p

Guest Terry S

Roy, Northway Tyres in Watford do a good job, & they have the specs on my computer for the Yellow Billies & Eibachs.

They are not far from the M1 so even you should find it, and no, I won't look for a phone number for you.

thanks terry - i was just thinking of northway myself. i shall go n look for them tomorrow so if i'm not back by lunch time, send out the search party ! :p

any idea how long it takes and cost ? can i mention your name to get them to use your specs ? i am assuming it is close to those on mkiv.com ?

Guest Terry S

They won't have it under my name. It will just be a Supra file. I still have the print outs in my desk draw, I will see if there is a file # and text it to you.

From memory it was about £120 but it was a few years back.

terry/phil/guys - just came back from northway in watford and they did a top job on it. i asked them to spec the car to that from the mkiv.com site. the handling is transformed and she feels far, far tighter and no longer pulls to the left or goes light at speed (i errm had a bit of a spirited run coming back down the m1:innocent: :p ).

thanks to all, esp. terry n phil. :)

Originally posted by Matt Harwood

Much as I want to pay as little as possible, £50 sounds soooo cheap. Did the do full alignment? Did you get a spec sheet showing the results?

I'm not doubting them, just sound too goo to be true! :conf:

i was thinking the same and ROY--- 40 minutes? other people who have had this done say it took 4 hours