The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sell shell?

L33

a few months back my car was taken off the road as the engine gave in, low compression on 3 cylinders, 0 on one, to high on one and normal on another. spark plugs all melted too so some thing was not right.

i had BPU except a boost controller.

ive been saving to go phr street single turbo but with the supporting mods, and upgrade of the brakes etc i was looking around 5-6k

now for my car as it is do you think i can sell it for sensible money considering its a little different having the flip paint and chromes, semi polished engine bay, stil have new hybrids i could sell with it also. then add with the money i have been saving to go single to just buy a single turbo car as there has been some fantastic ones on the forum going for around 9k.

the cars current mods are

flip paint

18" chromes

greddy fmic

hks ssqv

fully decatted with 1.2 bar restrictor ring

boost gauge in clock space

turbo timer

fuel cut defencer

walbro pump

polished left hand turbo pipes with blue silicone hosing

polished intake manifold

polished cam covers

its a 1993 k plate auto, with about 90k miles on the car.

worst case you can pick up a tt engine for around 1k or less

with it in its current state how much do you think its worth? is it worth just making mine single turbo, or selling and buying one already done? or buying a new engine to make that sinlge or back to stock to sell?

any feedback will be great help!

cheers

Lee

it is a bit worryin havin the paint

im just not sure what to do. im in the process of going through courts trying to get 1200 back from a engine company because a bought a engine and it was a state so bulled me over the phone and then refused a refund!!

just been looking through the classifieds and there is some lush singles on there for peanuts :(

cheers 4 the advice! more i know of what others would do the more i can be steered in the right direction

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=161357

i prefer this one!

only thing with fixing then selling is i cant claim its my own hard work that im driving a single turbo? feel its a bit like cheating and a cop out? thats whats confusing me at the moment. and then i wil know how its been driven etc.

but im just tryin to think which route wil be best for money sake

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=161357

i prefer this one!

only thing with fixing then selling is i cant claim its my own hard work that I'm driving a single turbo? feel its a bit like cheating and a cop out? thats whats confusing me at the moment. and then i Will know how its been driven etc.

but I'm just tryin to think which route Will be best for money sake

DIY all the way...with the help of the forums YOU CAN DO IT!

Theres nothing like the feeling of doing it yourself. MOST importantly if it goes wrong you know and understand what its all about..you will have the emotion that goes with owning driving and living with a 500+hp super car!

I have no regrets and although i have been tuning cars for 10 years the Supra took me to another level.

SOOOO many single builds are done by company's that just cannot fulfill the same level of completion that you get from doing it yourself. You wont make any money but the experience you will gain will be with you forever.

Stu

DIY all the way...with the help of the forums YOU CAN DO IT!

Theres nothing like the feeling of doing it yourself. MOST importantly if it goes wrong you know and understand what its all about..you will have the emotion that goes with owning driving and living with a 500+hp super car!

I have no regrets and although i have been tuning cars for 10 years the Supra took me to another level.

SOOOO many single builds are done by company's that just cannot fulfill the same level of completion that you get from doing it yourself. You wont make any money but the experience you will gain will be with you forever.

Stu

that sounds perfect to me and i think thats now made my mind up!

cheers 4 the help!