The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Donor car?

Axle

I am thinking very seriously of going for one of cowboy_bepops engine conversions. Probably the 4.7L TT.

However..

Should i stick with my current Auto (and do manual conversion aswell), or go for a donor 6 speed and drop the engine in?

Or should i just buy a Corvette Stingray?..:D

What would you do?

If I had the money, I'd go for the Corvette, then buy something else. There are some nice classic motors out there for that sort of money, the vette isn't one of the good ones.

I'm utterly unsold on the 2UZ conversion until one meets a UK dyno. Look forward to hearing Ed's progress, just hope he can get it to SRR to see how it fares.

As homer im not convinced till i see one performing, i get mine back next week, come for a spin in that, i think you will be shocked how fast a T67 is with 550bhp/530ftlb.

How about do a single on your car and buy this as another toy, id buy it myself if i had any more space on the drive.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/716024.htm

You can store it on my drive if you want mate :D

As homer im not convinced till i see one performing, i get mine back next week, come for a spin in that, i think you will be shocked how fast a T67 is with 550bhp/530ftlb.

How about do a single on your car and buy this as another toy, id buy it myself if i had any more space on the drive.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/716024.htm

Nice..

Hmmm.. The single is very tempting i must say.

Thanks again for the offer JP. I will definately take you up on it if i head up your end. I may well do so before christmas actually.

Camaro is a beast, but i wanted somthing a little more 'classical' while being uber reliable, if you catch my drift.. :)

I think you did show C3 Stingray on your pic. Beast with perfect lines :) My gf planning to get one at some stage, I did check prices in US and they seems to cost reasonable money.

Here's better pics :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=2106384&postcount=37

Sorry yeh typo C3 it is.

Do you know much about their reliability?

Probably better idea to have one imported then you think?

Get the big 7.2 V8 Manual.

Ive been searching for one for two years and still to find one for sale in the uk :(

Has anyone any idea of importing costs?

I believe they were the 454 block.

Thats exactly what i am wanting.

Any idea what the costs are of nice examples?

Time to research.

I remeber looking a few years back and in the uk u could get a reasonable one for 10K

Think i need to have another look tho. You will not get a 454 Manual over here. Maybe the odd auto but they generally only have the other block 5.7 (cant remeber number)

The earlier ones look better imo late 60's to mid 70's i think. But thats still in the C3 shape

C3 Stingrays from 1969 to 1972 are the best looking ones imho. I would wait a little to pound/dollar situation improvement and get one imported from US (California or any other dry area). Engines are simple, massive and doesn't break really - I would compare those to v160 gearbox - tough and almost unbreakable :) They DO drink petrol tho, a lot... But sound and look will reward this small imperfection in overall beautiful car :)

Edit: Oh, and parts are easy to obtain and cheap as chips :)