The mkiv Supra Owners Club

End of an era for me and Supra Ownership

razza

Well it's finally gone to make way for a more practical car:cry::bye:

Gutted to not see it on the drive, or be able to take it for a spin:(

Put a deposit down on this instead:

http://www.fontain.co.uk/vehicle-details.asp?region=&order=&Model=56&Make=&BodyType=&FuelType=&Transmission=&intMin=&intMax=&RSpage=1&ID=729658

which with a revo remap should be about 275BHP and similar torque:eyebrows:. I was actually quite impressed with it. I was torn between that an an S4, but my head said not to due to running costs etc. on a car I just wouldn't get the benefit of, similar to the supra as of lately, just sat in traffic to and from work :(

It's a bit better for work wise as well from an image point of view, and means there's plenty of warranty left which should mean minimal costs when baby's born.

I'm now drowning my sorrows of losing the supe:burp:

Sorry to see her go mate, I bet you're glad she went in the end though...:)

The only thing with an Audi though Darren is the fact that they are expensive to maintain due to the service's they have every 20K...

At least your girlfriend won't be on your back now! :D

I hope you stick around on the forum, if not, it was nice meeting you! :)

Take care,

Shane...:)

Edit: Oh Darren I forgot to ask you, do you have Audi Roadside??

If not, I would recommend it matey...:)

Edited by SilverSoop (see edit history)

Make sure that's an RWD (I didn't look too much at your advert tbh) - But my old dear's just had her A5 delivered, the 1.8/(Maybe a 2.0) version, which is FWD, and it's a feisty little biatch to pull off, anything more than 20mm on the loud pedal = Wheel spin, and it handles like a well greased c(word)unt...

I trust my NA with 19's that I haven't driven since its smash years ago more than that Audi...

Make sure that's an RWD (I didn't look too much at your advert tbh) - But my old dear's just had her A5 delivered, the 1.8/(Maybe a 2.0) version, which is FWD, and it's a feisty little biatch to pull off, anything more than 20mm on the loud pedal = Wheel spin, and it handles like a well greased c(word)unt...

I trust my NA with 19's that I haven't driven since its smash years ago more than that Audi...

I have driven quite a few Audi's RS6, RS4, A4, Q7, A6 estate...

The A4's are FWD and to be honest, they are very good car's and so is the handling - it's just the expense of the bloody things! :blink:

A couple of weeks ago, there was another accident in the supermarket at Asda where an old guyin his very old Volkswagen reversed straight out of the space while this Audi A4 was turning and...BANG!

It completely wrecked the bonnet and the nearside wing!

It was suprising how much damage it caused just at about 3 mph!

A brand new 08 Audi desroyed and a G reg VW, is fine, not a scratch! :D

Sorry to see it's gone, but it's what you needed to do so nice one.

Audi looks pretty sweet too.

And congrats on the little 'un - didn't waste much time there!! ;)

Thanks, was a surprise for it to happen so quickly, but the best kind of surprise :D

Nice Audi Razza!

Was it your car people were talking about earlier.... bursting a tyre on the way back North?

'fraid so, new owner didn't have a good first day :(

Nice Audi mate, suprised you didnt go diesel, everyone else is lol.

I don't do enough miles to warrant the diesel with the difference in purchase price vs the cost to buy diesel over petrol. Get this remapped and plenty of torque:eyebrows:

As for the FWD, it seemed to handle getting the power down pretty well for 220bhp, I get a free trial on the revo so will see how that handles, but I was pretty impressed to be honest. The S4 next to it kept screaming at me, but my head said no.

Shane - I've got breakdown cover through Barclays, and I'll still be hanging around, will just have to park down the road at meets lol! Made some good friends on here:)

Don't feel as bad today and quite looking forward to picking it up. It was the right thing to do at this stage of my life, maybe a few years down the line get another one, but we'll see.

Edited by razza (see edit history)

Thanks, was a surprise for it to happen so quickly, but the best kind of surprise :D

'fraid so, new owner didn't have a good first day :(

I don't do enough miles to warrant the diesel with the difference in purchase price vs the cost to buy diesel over petrol. Get this remapped and plenty of torque:eyebrows:

As for the FWD, it seemed to handle getting the power down pretty well for 220bhp, I get a free trial on the revo so will see how that handles, but I was pretty impressed to be honest. The S4 next to it kept creaming at me, but my head said no.

Shane - I've got breakdown cover through Barclays, and I'll still be hanging around, will just have to park down the road at meets lol! Made some good friends on here:)

Don't feel as bad today and quite looking forward to picking it up. It was the right thing to do at this stage of my life, maybe a few years down the line get another one, but we'll see.

Cool, glad you will be sticking around Darren...:)

As for the S4, you should always listen to your heart - not your head! :D

The reason I said Audi Roadside is because if you ever breakdown, you get another Audi until your one is fixed and in the event of an accident (god forbid!)

and if you are not at fault, they pick your Audi up and again, give you another Audi and you don't pay a thing as long as the vehicle is in warranty...

:)

As for the S4, you should always listen to your heart - not your head! :D

yeah:p, but spoke to a guy I was going to buy one off and as much as he loved it when he had it, it ate money, and at 18mpg it would cost the same to run as the supra, and at this point I have other things I need to spend money on, as the missus doesn't get a great maternity deal at work.

Plus being a 4.2 V8, if things went wrong it would've cost lots to fix. The one they had only had 3 months warranty whereas this audi has 16months warranty...

yeah:p, but spoke to a guy I was going to buy one off and as much as he loved it when he had it, it ate money, and at 18mpg it would cost the same to run as the supra, and at this point I have other things I need to spend money on, as the missus doesn't get a great maternity deal at work.

Plus being a 4.2 V8, if things went wrong it would've cost lots to fix. The one they had only had 3 months warranty whereas this audi has 16months warranty...

Hehe, yeah those S4's are a bit pricy...lol...:D