The mkiv Supra Owners Club

We Help A Supra Today

Guest headhunter666

Guest headhunter666

We were driving down the ring road in oxford and we see a green supra with a blown out back wheel so we stopped and helped and it turns out hes a member on here (Had stickers in the window) so we try and find a new tyre, No luck so put the spare on that was a bit woobley so we stopped again tightend it and then carried on to the place we thought was open it turns out it wasnt so we stopped AGAIN and phone some other places no luck again so the bloke phoned his mum I think and the recovery truck picked him up and that was that... ;)

I hope you get your car sorted mate :rockon:

The reg was ** SUP

It was mine, I sold it this morning to a nice guy Deano (Supra4life), however during the inspection we found both rear tyres were pretty much slicks, how they've worn down so quickly is beyond me, as since the engine swap I've been taking it easy. The back has been a bit twitchy but didn't think about it twice to be honest. I've missed it everytime I've checked the tyre pressures....

Unfortunately it seems one of these went on his way back, I'm gutted for him as obviously his first interaction with his new car is a bit of a disaster. I tried in vain to try and get a mobile fitter to him, but to no avail to due it being past 12 on a sat :(

, with others not carrying that size as not a regular size tyre.

I couldn't go help him as I had no other car :(

Thanks for stopping and helping him :thumbs:

It's been an emotional day....

I hope he gets back ok and can put this bit behind him, as it's a great car and I'm certainly going to miss it loads, first time in a long time I managed to have some fun with it this morning, and now this happens :(

Edited by razza (see edit history)

Guest headhunter666
Just spoke to Razza, it was the new owner taking it home :( Not the best of starts to Supra ownership!

Oh thats very bad :(

But he said the car was on his mums insurance :(

Guest headhunter666
It was mine, I sold it this morning to a nice guy Deano (Supra4life), however during the inspection we found both rear tyres were pretty much slicks, how they've worn down so quickly is beyond me, as since the engine swap I've been taking it easy. The back has been a bit twitchy but didn't think about it twice to be honest. I've missed it everytime I've checked the tyre pressures....

Unfortunately it seems one of these went on his way back, I'm gutted for him as obviously his first interaction with his new car is a bit of a disaster. I tried in vain to try and get a mobile fitter to him, but to no avail to due it being past 12 on a sat :(

, with others not carrying that size as not a regular size tyre.

Thanks for stopping and helping him :thumbs:

It's been an emotional day....

I hope he gets back ok and can put this bit behind him, as it's a great car and I'm certainly going to miss it loads, first time in a long time I managed to have some fun with it this morning, and now this happens :(

Thats fine mate... The tyres were really worn at the back...

Nice car though mate.. Looked really nice :)

Thats fine mate... The tyres were really worn at the back...

Nice car though mate.. Looked really nice :)

I know it could've happened to me to be honest as was unaware until he gave it the once over. It's a warning to all to keep a constant eye on them. Luckily he pulled over safely and it wasn't any worse.

It was nice wasn't it :cool: :(

He allowed me to keep the mkivsupra.net club calendar which despite being for 2006 will now be on permanent display at home to remind me what I'm missing...

• 2 weeks later...
We were driving down the ring road in oxford and we see a green supra with a blown out back wheel so we stopped and helped and it turns out hes a member on here (Had stickers in the window) so we try and find a new tyre, No luck so put the spare on that was a bit woobley so we stopped again tightend it and then carried on to the place we thought was open it turns out it wasnt so we stopped AGAIN and phone some other places no luck again so the bloke phoned his mum I think and the recovery truck picked him up and that was that... ;)

I hope you get your car sorted mate :rockon:

The reg was ** SUP

Cheers lads for your help much appreciated!!!:D I couldnt believe it when it happened! then again ive neva had good luck with cars anyway so I werent surprised!!!( same thing happened at the exact same time to me last year in my old supra!!!) luckily this time it was only the tyre that needed replacing.

Put 2 new tyres on it this weekend...got to drive it properly for the 1st time!! drives beautifull!! the only thing I noticed was that the left rear rim has a bigger dish than the right???? how come razza? will this affect the cars handling?

Cheers lads for your help much appreciated!!!:D I couldnt believe it when it happened! then again ive neva had good luck with cars anyway so I werent surprised!!!( same thing happened at the exact same time to me last year in my old supra!!!) luckily this time it was only the tyre that needed replacing.

Put 2 new tyres on it this weekend...got to drive it properly for the 1st time!! drives beautifull!! the only thing I noticed was that the left rear rim has a bigger dish than the right???? how come razza? will this affect the cars handling?

are the fronts the same ??? not got one of the rears on the front by mistake , if this is possible .