The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Roll cage Group buy, help and ideas

johnd-mkiv

I have spoken to the mods with regards to making a batch of roll cages up and its been confirmed. Im looking at making up the half cages simular to the Do-luck (seen in top left pic below) Looking at some pictures of it it seems to be purely a show piece, with little protection if the car was to roll.

Im looking at making a bolt in half cage that will retain the rear seats made from 2" cds tube I can make them from T45 if needed, theres a 10% reduction in weight using t45 over CDS.

I can have these powder coated, sprayed to any colour, or even chromed.

Brackets for NOS bottles ect and additional braces.

Im just looking into what people want really I have been playing about with a mock cage in my supra but dont want to carry on with it if its not what you are after.

I will also look into making show cages from highly polished ally if thats what you want.

This is just a mock up cage to make sure I can achieve a nice sweeping bend with the tooling I have, once im happy with it ill make one up from CDS painted and fitted to my supra with pictures

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats exactly what i want, maybe with a diagonal cross brace too, but that could be added to according to requirements.

Could you PM an approx cost in T45?

I will post up costs once I have made the first cage up as Im not sure how much tube I will use to make one and the costs of powdercoating/painting. Each cage will be test fitted in my supra and not made from a jig so they will be a 100% Fit

The main strut that goes behind the seats is a copy of the Cusco cage, im going to contour it better to follow the lines of the supra body to give a bit more space but not enough to loose its strenght. The Do-luckcage is made from an oval tube allowing more space between the body and the seats but it does not have the strength that this cage will.

I have after market OMP race seats in mine with wide shoulder posts fitted it does make it hard to fully recline the seat but gives you enough room to drive for the larger person, you will have this problem no matter what the cage as theres little room between the seat an the cars body, I think this is why Do-luck has chosen the oval tube to allow for this, but like I say this to me looks purely show purpose.