The mkiv Supra Owners Club

opeingin steering wheel

Duffman

horn only works when i turn full lock left

going to disconnect battery and remove the front face of the wheel as it must be a loose connection...should this pop off easily?

anyone done this before who could point me in the right direction as there doesnt seem to be much on the subject

cheers

sean

had the wheel completely stripped couldnt see anything obvious....even opened up the 'yellow ring' which i though may of had a loose connection but it is full of tape(has wires running through tape)

so connected everything back in except the airbag and it was working when the wheel was straight...then connected up airbag and fitted everything back to normal and took for a spin to find it wasnt working again

then came home checked the fuse/relay and were fine...then realised it was working when at full lock right this time

as my MOT is on monday im going to have to get a quick fix....was thinking of just running a wire through with a switch connected to horn....would this be sufficient for MOT?