The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Burning Bournemouth Meet

1 Adam

ok well i guess i should admit to going to this.....

it is good and professionally organised!!!

Matchams race ring, is used for burn outs,nutters to race round,sound offs etc....

All the nicely modified cars park round outside of the ring, so everyone can wonder round and have a look. The rest get to park up the top overlooking the ring. It is 5 quid per person.

ermm final note, normally scanterly clad women on truck showing body parts! lol :p

If your car is lower by a lot, i think we are all mostly ok, then could take u while to get in as the road is gravel and has pot holes in it so u have to dodge them!

Hey, i've got some friends! Cheers Gatso:p Didn't really know anything about this event I just saw it on the upcoming events page. Looking at your link Tim it definetly good be a giggle!

Saxo's, Nova's RS Turbo's night. Dear o dear I'll definetly have to take my camera to get a few snaps.

I went to Matchems a few years back, sounds like a similar event. There was a black supe racing round the track. It smashed the lap record, was quite impressive to watch.

WSB2 would you be up for deciding a meet up point?

i am warning u now!!!! last one i went to started at 6

And both ways was blocked for 4 miles from matchams at 5:30 with everyone queuing....poor farmers got stuck in it! lol

meeting place... not sure prob best to be ferndown somewhere or ringwood both are close! i got to check i aint doing anything yet! :blink:

P.s last one was amazing...but then it would be when revs, fast car and all that go...cars came from all round britain!

• 1 month later...

I'm looking at going to this but the long term weather forecast is looking pretty pants!!! WSB2 don't be shy this is your old crowd and you know that the gates don't open until 6.

burning bournemouth

It should be one of those max power stylee events which means silly little girls getting their baps out for anyone that looks like a photographer. Daft corsas with more plastic on them than in my wallet, oh and maybe someone will bring WSB2's sad assed previous car to the party so we can all laff lol!!!!!!

Mandy said she would bring her pink mobile down and i am surprised she hasn't popped into this thread. The avon causeway pub is an ideal meeting place for people that want to go to BB. Its just off the dual carriageway on the correct turn off for matchams and has a nice sized car park. They serve beverages and i beleive food so a pre BB meet might be an idea for the local crowd. Whatever is the case I am going to go I am going to take the mrs My mate might come along in his volvo 850 type R which is incidently faster than my soop (bastard)!! PM me for more details.

whetehr i come depends on coupld things

1. Weather - should be fine as long aint raining

2. The car, seeing as paint is dodgey due to crash, depends how i do on the touch up to whether i go. some mates havent seen car yet, no way they seeing it with fat black scratch on it!!! no way in hell

and on another note

the girls are bout 24 to 26 and u dont have to look like photographer, they parade them round on a truck lol

and last time i dont think they stopped at baps lol (these the professionals of course)

u also get ur standard girls goin look at me..... when all u wana do is shove them in the boot and turn music up

My car will not be there due to it being crushed, but there is another one to keep the style going :cool: If i dont manage to go take a camera, believe it or not there is some nice cars there, RX7, scooby P1 normally and couple skylines (believe been sold though)

....It should be one of those max power stylee events which means silly little girls getting their baps out for anyone that looks like a photographer....

Baps, like mine with a rasher or two of bacon in between please :eyebrows:

May see us there, I'll keep an eye on the thread to see where you are meeting up.

Will keep you posted.

Gerry

I'd not recommend meeting in the Ski Centre, a few weeks ago some cars got broken into there, so I think if there were 3-5 supras parked there, there'd be a bit of a temptation. But then that handy torque wrench in the back is great for beating, I mean fending off your average thieving b*****d.

Your best bet would be to name a sensible place to goto in Ringwood to meet up, or as suggested, the Causeway pub.

So, how many people are actually going to this now?

Si

I aint going its raining...and dont fancy wondering round in the rain. We will all have to go the one in may/june or july cant remember :stupid:

I know they have a 1100BHP methanol rocket car AKA THUNDERBIRD, there today, but it there almost every time. And for the next one weather be good and warm and can all arrange sooner. If people go take some pics :thumbs:

The main bit is around the ring and they have narrowed in what they let down there as they were getting beaten up novas (good looking novas are ok) there is no cover, but saying safer down there is not nesacarily true as people are looking at your car. The best place to park is get there about 5:30 and sit queuing (which is what happens) outside matchams to get in. Then you can park overlooking matchams ring and see your car no problem. This event is a legal organised event, so there are no nutters wheel spinning about or anything. If they want to do that they take their car in the ring and do what they want, often ending in a smash if they have got no brains