The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Treasure trove at Leon's

Seb

It was a full house at JPS today, lots of lovely looking stuff. Branners, your beasty was getting a good clean when I arrived, looks very nice. There was a silver mkiii there, as well as an unhealthy looking Rex (suspension knackered, affixed with sticky tape at some points), and it was only in for a new diff :p Leon's monster was sans engine, tucked away in the corner, and there was a very slick looking black big twin soop belonging to Wayne and Gareth (someone like that)? Red MR2 in there as well, and outside silver or black big spoilered soop and a kitted up silver one with Hiper and Racing Harts - can't remember whose, sure it's someone off here.

Leon showed me the new Invidia exhaust he has in, very slick looking, beatifully built, fully s/steel and the welding is a work of art. It apparantly makes more power than any other exhaust available (for the price I'm assuming), and if it doesn't, Invidia will give you your money back! Now that's product confidence!

Seb

Shame I was supposed to pay Leon a visit this morning but could not make it...going tomorrow instead...always costs me a few quid though as I can't leave without persuading him to fit something for me..By the way saw your mkiii mate so don't panic...:cool:

Guest Terry S

"Is Yalcin's Silver one still there having the engine rebuild? The bottom end went while Leon was performing some power runs to check if everything was ok before taking it to be dyno'd. Didn't make the dyno."

The joys of running 2835's & cams on a bog stock bottom end eh! Considering the mileage of the car and the abuse it apparently has taken over the last 6 Months I think the stock bottom end lasted very well. It apparently sounds like a bearing failure BTW, so nothing to do with tuning.

Originally posted by Peter Sharp

Someone has to take a pic of this....JB's car CLEAN :p

Is this some sort of wind up!? :D

I remember when I worked with JB a few years ago, we (guys that worked with him) brought him a big car cleaning kit for his birthday, had everything in it to do the whole of your car, inside and out, all the polishes, wax, shampoo's etc..... I can just picture it now, 4 years down the line still sitting un-opened in the corner of his garage.!!! :D ;) :p

Originally posted by Terry S

The joys of running 2835's & cams on a bog stock bottom end eh! Considering the mileage of the car and the abuse it apparently has taken over the last 6 Months I think the stock bottom end lasted very well. It apparently sounds like a bearing failure BTW, so nothing to do with tuning.

I'm sure he'll be thrilled to hear that.

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by Nick

I'm sure he'll be thrilled to hear that.

LOL, I am sure he will. I am sure Leon will be pleased to hear all about it as well. Nice one:thumbs:

good to see you there Paul, and Batgirl as well.

Picked my car up after RLTC, change of side mount intercooler and resolving the problem with the shifter. Floored it on the way home to check RLTC and the car gave a massive jerk and lost all power and stalled at low speed, tried it again and it did it again, turned off the RLTC and it still did it.

Got it back to Leons and after a bit of headscratching Leon pulled the ECU out and on a hunch checked the FCD, opened it up and the connector to the pcb had slipped lose so that under hard acceleration it would slide off the pins and then reconnect once the car had stopped, pushed that back on and its all sorted. I run seriously stiff suspension so theres a good chance it rattled off from that but certainly one to look out for.

So Im well happy with the car now, replacement SMIC seems to help performance a bit as well and its nice to be back in a car with RLTC. And the car was still nice and clean.

JB