The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MKIV UK spec 6 SPD wanted

Guest Type_s kid

Guest Type_s kid

Sorry guys for posting here I'm not able to post in the for sale section. I live in canada and would prefer to import the stronger MKIV rather than the J'spec car. and buying a MKIV as listed above in the CDN version would be well over 30 000CDN.

if anyone has one for sale or can give me a link to find UK used cars that would be a great help

Thanks

Chris

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you import from the USA? US models are almost the same as UK ones, i have no idea whether there's a block on USA imports into Canada (my own ignorance)

He can but the USA cars are quite expensive which is why the Canadian part of supraforums is full of lads with jdm Supras.

In your opinion... for some people it is, what's hard to understand about that?

Yes my opinion.

But when someone comes on here and states

"import the stronger MKIV rather than the J'spec car"

Despite uk's having much more rust than a jspec and most likely higher mileage, that is utter BS.

Yes my opinion.

But when someone comes on here and states

"import the stronger MKIV rather than the J'spec car"

Despite uk's having much more rust than a jspec and most likely higher mileage, that is utter BS.

And that applies to all UKs and all J-Spec cars does it?

I mean J-Specs are ace aren't they, never clocked, never crashed and sent over here in bits with no history only to be repaired and suddenly high grade cars, the turbos are stronger at higher boost levels, the engine has the potential for more power using more standard bits than a J-Spec - "stronger injectors" etc, the brakes (as standard) on earlier cars could be described as "stronger", the leather is real - that's "stronger" than plastic, the glass in the headlamps is "stronger" than plastic, the heat from the seats is "stronger" than non-heated ones, the headlamp washers are "stronger" blah blah blah blah... none of which means anything to anyone who doesn't want any of this. But some people do and we should respect that.

If someone wants a UK then so be it, that leaves more J-Spec cars for the rest of you to play with.

You need to get over your J-Spec inferiority complex and be happy with what you have for the reasons you have it - stop trying to defend something that doesn't need defending.

And that applies to all UKs and all J-Spec cars does it?

I mean J-Specs are ace aren't they, never clocked, never crashed and sent over here in bits with no history only to be repaired and suddenly high grade cars, the turbos are stronger at higher boost levels, the engine has the potential for more power using more standard bits than a J-Spec - "stronger injectors" etc, the brakes (as standard) on earlier cars could be described as "stronger", the leather is real - that's "stronger" than plastic, the glass in the headlamps is "stronger" than plastic, the heat from the seats is "stronger" than non-heated ones, the headlamp washers are "stronger" blah blah blah blah... none of which means anything to anyone who doesn't want any of this. But some people do and we should respect that.

If someone wants a UK then so be it, that leaves more J-Spec cars for the rest of you to play with.

You need to get over your J-Spec inferiority complex and be happy with what you have for the reasons you have it - stop trying to defend something that doesn't need defending.

:lol: Does need defending or reiterating mr michael ! This argument has been done to death already akin to the megadrive/super nes argument anyway, so I will let the newbie search if he cares to find out the pros and cons.

Does make me angry when people assume the uk cars came with some superior features though - not sure why I care to be honest? :rolleyes::tongue:

Presumeably you have a uk car micheal :D

Does make me angry when people assume the uk cars came with some superior features though - not sure why I care to be honest? :rolleyes::tongue:

they did though didnt they?! hence micheal's rather sarcastic post :sly:

and uk's prob have more rust as they have OEM paint still on them!! i havnt seen many imports with oem paint so obv been painted to cover up there rust

Edited by D8MOA (see edit history)

But they did *shrug*

Presumeably you have a uk car micheal :D

I do but I accept it's flaws as much as I rejoice in it's good points ;)

PS: The Megadrive was better.