The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Time Attack on Motors TV

Paul Whiffin

Did anyone else see it? Being the 1st time I had seen it on TV I was a little dissapointed with the lack of commentry to begin with. But the on board stuff was really good. I was in the pits and on the straight at Silverstone and saw the cars going at full throttle but the on board coverage really showed the aggression and comitment of the drivers:)

A few good shots of the Whifbitz boys too:)

Sorry Chris and Luxluc I wasn't able to record it:(

Well... nice to see some clips of a Supra etc. but what a completely crap TV programe.

It must have cost them at last £25.00 to make.

Most of the time it didn't tell you who was driving and in the in-car shots it didn't say what car or where they were !

Paul, how do your lap times compare with similar cars racing at the same tracks ?

Did anyone record this so we can all see?

I recorded it.

I was thinking about transferring it from my DVD hard drive onto the computer and hosting it somewhere but I've never done this before, I'm not sure if I've got a cable.

To be honest you're not missing much, no commentary whatsoever when the cars were being driven, no indication of who was driving which car, just a lot of unknown cars being driven around a circuit.

Well... nice to see some clips of a Supra etc. but what a completely crap TV programe.

It must have cost them at last £25.00 to make.

Most of the time it didn't tell you who was driving and in the in-car shots it didn't say what car or where they were !

Paul, how do your lap times compare with similar cars racing at the same tracks ?

Depends on what you mean by similar cars? Rear wheel drive?

Depends on what you mean by similar cars? Rear wheel drive?

Yes, just wondered if you ever compare your times with any race series at the tracks you drive on and are ever tempted to have a go in one ?

Near us at Castle Combe, we have a "Special GT" series that has a mixture of cars (inc a mk3 Supe having a go last year).

What's the attraction of Time Attack ? is it the "non contact" aspect or something else ?

What's the attraction of Time Attack ? is it the "non contact" aspect or something else ?

Anyone can have a go ;)

As its not racing against each other you dont need a race licence which opens it up, even other small series like Nippon Challenge require a MSA licence.

EDIT: the regs are pretty open to modifying as well, most series are very tight on mods :D