The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I wuz GATSO'd !!!

Gerry

This will make you laugh (didn't me though).

Changed my Screen-name a couple of weeks ago and found a pic I liked.

Got a little letter this morning "YOU BEEN GATSO'd".

I was giving the Soop a little go last Sunday early morning and decided to see what she would do tops (was very early and roads were quite) did silly speed before running out of road over the brow of a hill.

So I about had a heart attack when I got the letter.

Was really glad when I spotted "60" in the bad boy bit and realised it was on the Saturday on a pootle to Bath.

Turns out a "safety camera van" Ford Galaxy had spotted me, still don't know where he was hidden, on the Bath by-pass dual carriageway that's a 50 (don't know why) !

Anyway, will pay up and think myself lucky !

Looking at the Snooper versus Road Angel thread now.

Drive careful !!

Yep, a jammer is your only hope against those bastards. Are you sure you can remember who was driving? If you can't, and the driver cannot be identified from the photograph (unlikely) then there is no evidence and you cannot be convicted. You will have to put up with some intimidation from the police/CPS and maybe spend a day in court before they'll drop it though.

Thanks Chris,

Thought that may be the case.

We get a lot around here (Wilts) but you usually see the red & yellow chevrons on the back.

The trouble is that the sneeky bu**ers somtimes hide !

I have heard that a jammer may do the biz but I'm to chicken to sport an illegal bit of kit (must be my advanced years).

Cheers

Originally posted by albundy68

any doubt on who was driving the car and its official owner gets the points, pants as it is.

I HATE GATSOs!!!!

:twak:

Completely untrue, fortunately! :innocent: In order for anyone to be convicted there must be some evidence of who was driving. A letter is sent to the registered keeper asking them to provide the drivers details. Saying "I cannot remember who was driving" is a perfectly legitimate defence in law as provision is made for this in the legislation, you will need to convince the magistrates that you are genuine though and not just trying to wriggle out of it.

Originally posted by Adam W

Completely untrue, fortunately! :innocent: In order for anyone to be convicted there must be some evidence of who was driving. A letter is sent to the registered keeper asking them to provide the drivers details. Saying "I cannot remember who was driving" is a perfectly legitimate defence in law as provision is made for this in the legislation, you will need to convince the magistrates that you are genuine though and not just trying to wriggle out of it.

yup yhe nutty hamiltonsclaimed they didnt know which one of them where driving a while back when they got a ticket,it was in the media a while ago.

Originally posted by Soonto"HAS"soop

Just get the local paper and find someone that has died recently, and is around your age, and say that they where your friend and they where driving the car.

Only good if you can live with the guilt:( .

Attempting to pervert the course of justice is a serious offence. Some might consider it not worth the possible 10 year prison sentence. It could be easily rebutted by the police, eg if the deceased's next of kin has no idea who you are.

Ok I've sussed it......

I'm going to say that I died and the body was being transported to Spain at the time of the photo'.

I'll also claim that I'm only my next of kin and that I can't remember me.

That should do it......

The trouble is that you spend most of your time driving looking in front of you for GATSO's, behind you for cop cars, everywhere for Safety (read Tax) Vans and up in the sky for helicopters..... I'll probably crash into a police car in front of me.

Thanx all

G

Originally posted by Jake

Attempting to pervert the course of justice is a serious offence. Some might consider it not worth the possible 10 year prison sentence. It could be easily rebutted by the police, eg if the deceased's next of kin has no idea who you are.

Jake , we should call you 'the harbinger of doom' or prehaps Judge Dredd !!!! BTW Thats the Max for perverting the course of justice not the norm , ive been charged with it twice !! Not guilty both times !!!

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by dude

Jake , we should call you 'the harbinger of doom' or prehaps Judge Dredd !!!! BTW Thats the Max for perverting the course of justice not the norm , ive been charged with it twice !! Not guilty both times !!!

No mate, you're wrong there. The max for PCJ is life imprisonment.

Perverting the course of justice is perverting the course of justice, dont matter what the offence is.

The point I was trying to make is that you're hardly likely to get a 10 year (or even life) stretch for PCoJ on a motoring offence if a child murderers assistant only gets 2 years. I would think she got close to the maximum sentance for that offence.

I wouldn't think PCoJ carries a life sentance.

Originally posted by 400BHP

Perverting the course of justice is perverting the course of justice, dont matter what the offence is.

The point I was trying to make is that you're hardly likely to get a 10 year (or even life) stretch for PCoJ on a motoring offence if a child murderers assistant only gets 2 years.

Contradict yourself much? :tongue:

Originally posted by 400BHP

I would think she got close to the maximum sentance for that offence.

I wouldn't think PCoJ carries a life sentance.

Well it doesn't usually, but like I said before, the maximum sentance is Life Imprisonment. The most that anyone ever actually gets for PCJ is 10 years. I don't think anyone has had a PCJ sentance of more than 10 years since the 1800's