The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my new cobra misanos

fastisnice

Very nice.

Just had a press release from them this morning saying they have a limited edition available to celebrate the 30th anniversary - its a stunning seat:

http://www.cobraseatsusa.com/images.products/cobra/cob19045a.jpg

New for 2008, the Misano 30 celebrates Cobra's 30th anniversary in manufacturing the world's finest seats. The Misano 30 is a masterpiece of automotive seat engineering, creating truly the worlds first light-weight, hybrid composite recliner. With a Carbon Fiber composite shell for the backrest, combined with high-density molded polyurethane foam, polished stainless steel chassis work and the worlds best reclining mechanism, this seat re-defines the category of light weight sport seats. The Misano 30 is the pinnacle version of the Misano models and features leather surrounds for hard wearing good looks and double stitched, cross-quilted centers for the ultimate presentation of luxury. The Misano 30 is the culmination of 30 years experience in manufacturing seats rolled into one seat alone. Bottom mount system. Available only in black leather with grey top-stitching and cross-quilting.

I was extremely lucky i got them off ebay at a real bargain! They are brand new and were used for a show. It was off SPECTRE!!! They make supercars, they were fitting these seats(not mine) on other supercars, let me show you what i saw:

the first and last are full carbon! The last one is their prototype so pls don't post it anywhere else:o

He wasn't happy when i took it a pic, apparently they ve developed a 650bhp v12 engine but it will cost a fortune. The 2nd one was really nice with a mustang engine and i was shocked when he said i could have it for 15k!!

Photo0002.jpg

Photo0003.jpg

Photo0006.jpg

Edited by fastisnice (see edit history)

They are not half as nice as the misanos IMO. You will know when you drive for 60 miles and your back will ache lol. The misanos are the most comfortable after market seat you can buy.I've tested lots of seats. Misanos win every single time.

You've never sat in a bride seat then;) I have never felt more comfortable in my entire life:d.

Your joking right? :p

They are horrible seats comfort wise, the are designed to keep Japanese people firmly located in said seat whilst drifting.

If you can get 2 x Bride GIAS seats (like the ones you posted) with subframes for £1400 I'll eat my hat! The cost price in Japan now for 2 seats without frames is £2250, so nearly £3k by the time you get them here with subframes and taxes.

Gaz.