The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Battery help

Stonkin

Hi,

I need a new battery, but am having an issue with size. My current battery is 22x13cm and that is pretty much the limit on space where it will fit. On one side there is the BOV attached to the intercooler pipework and the other there is a small black box with cables attaching to the main fuse box.

I have just been to halfords and apart from arguing the toss over battery differences between import and uk spec supes (dont ask!) the smallest one they did was still just over 1/2 cm to long length ways.

Power wise it would have been ok, as it was 330 amps and current one is 310, but i just need the smallest one i can find due to space.

Can anyone recommend where i can get one from, internet or around the reading/bracknell area

Cheers

Christian

after visiting 4 places at lunch today, i now have a battery. But, the clamp that holds it in place will not be any good. The old battery was flat on top and the caps were sunk into the battery. On the new one the caps are raised about 1/2 inch.

Whats the best way around this, can i get a new clamp made that can bridge over the caps, if so, can anyone recommend anywhere?