The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra back in the day.

The Raven

Was thinking today while on a long car trip.

The supra is still classed as fast now. Back when it was new it must have been stupidly quick. What or who where toyota aiming at with it? The price today must be equal to 60k? What else was in its field? The auto box was standard? with the 6 speed an option? Any reason why the uk never got an N/A

Just some random questions i have.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CoolsBlue

Back in the days...supra must of looked like a space ship, think back to 94 when the uk specs came out, jesus! all those all fords, hyundais, vauxhalls they used to have, must of been a dream car for alot of people back then...

imagine it in japan, 1993> full silver veilside kitted, must of been the NUTS!!

Guest CoolsBlue
The 300zx was the main piece of competition...

and now look at it in this present time, a load of crappy crap crap. people dont usually take a second look at the ones around here, but with supras they do:d

Mine was owned by my mate from new back in '95. I went out in it the first day he got it and they were considered a super car, something very special.

He was and still is a company director, at the time I would have said he was on 90K a year so these were not for the poor, probably the same as a 60/70K car now?

I read somewhere while researching Supras, Toyota, turbos, VVTI, etc. that the Supra's 2JZ-GTE VVTi engine was, and still is, the most advanced engine ever made! And that was 11 years ago now... Can't beat Japanese technology! :D

So when the Supra first came out, it was concidered a VERY fast car, and up against the best. Now, with the BPU, it can still hold it's ground!

I think it looks just as relevant today as it did then, personally.

A stock example, or with OEM skirts/spats looks as good as anything on the road now IMO, if not better.

Maybe some people may think the stock spoiler's a bit big, but I can still see out the back through it well enough. :)