The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone taken their seat covers off and dyed them

DodgyRog

As above really.

Was thinking of giving it a go, as I am fed up at looking at my faded blue seats:(

Was wandering if anyone else has tried, do they shrink in the wash and are they fairly easy to get on and off ?

Will be looking for Recaro or leather next year, or even better Leather Recaro's;)

It would be intersting if they had:)

I am really tempted to have a go at the weekend, but I am really worried about shrinking and I will only have the weekend to get them off, dyed and back on again.

I might leave it until Xmas, but once I get an idea in my head I have trouble with patience:innocent:

I am really tempted to have a go at the weekend, but I am really worried about shrinking and I will only have the weekend to get them off, dyed and back on again.

I might leave it until Xmas, but once I get an idea in my head I have trouble with patience:innocent:

Let me know how you get on rog:)

I might follow suit,but you have a go first:d

surely you could use the dylon dye and not have to machine wash it? i know you get several types and i've seen clothes getting dyed in a bucket.

-take covers off, clean with warm water in the bath or something.

-dry thoroughly

-apply dye, (spray on/ leave in)

-dry thoroughly

-wash in warm water.

-dry thoroughly and zip them back on.

the only problem i see is iirc the headrest covers don't zip off at all. (i may be wrong tho) :)

surely you could use the dylon dye and not have to machine wash it? i know you get several types and i've seen clothes getting dyed in a bucket.

-take covers off, clean with warm water in the bath or something.

-dry thoroughly

-apply dye, (spray on/ leave in)

-dry thoroughly

-wash in warm water.

-dry thoroughly and zip them back on.

the only problem i see is iirc the headrest covers don't zip off at all. (i may be wrong tho) :)

It all sounds so easy like that;)

and you are right the headrest would have to go in whole

I think I will investagate the dyes a bit further, as the only machine ones I have found won't dye nylon.

As I understand the dying process, to get the dye to hold and not run, you have to get it to a fairly high temperture.

I will up date if I can find a dye that will suite and not require a risky high temperture:blink:

Don't spray them, the stuff will end on your clothes.

If you still want to get them off and try but are worried about the time needed, just get one of those universal seat covers to through over the bare seat, then you could still use it. I sure that they just zip off anyway. Also, if you fcuked it up, you could use the seat cover to hide it.