The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Check that its a uk-spec supra?

Xantim

Uk car will not be advertised here with an auction grade, the 'picture' shows all the uk signs, but i doubt its of the actual car!

BTW some japs have the headlight washers as standard but none have the bonnet scoop. After market scoop additions are around but i'd say few (none?) would bother adding the metal duct thats attached to the left side of the engine on UK spec cars.

Xantim, form memory i'm pretty sure the UK and J-spec chassis plates had quite a different layout. I used the chassis plate info from here when i brought my j-spec car, but i seem to remember that this format did not match my uk cars plate.

Can you confirm uk'ers (Wipeout?)

Xantim,

Seriously mate, Id be careful before you deal with this guy. Here is a reply I got back from Veilside USA when I mailed them to ask about his authenticity when all the siht was going on last year:

"Thank you for the information, we have forwarded this information to our legal department. Unfortunately we do not have any legal representation in Europe, so it may be difficult to control. You may want to speak with your trade governing board to report fraud, as we have heard numerous horror stories about this individual.

Regards,

VeilSide USA

1250 East 223rd Street, Suite 105

Carson, CA 90745

T.310.835.5684

F.310.835.5682

http://www.veilside.com"

Forewarned is forearmed mate. I have his real name and mobile (which is actually still connected lol) should you need it though :)

BTW I dont know this guy, but anyone trading under somebody else's business name without their knowledge cant be good.

Originally posted by Xantim

Btw this is one of the cars im looking at. Got confused when they wrote TOYOTA SUPRA RZ-S TWIN TURBO 6 SPEED MANUAL,when it looks like a UK-spec supra.

Originally posted by paulfurn

Xantim,

Seriously mate, Id be careful before you deal with this guy. Here is a reply I got back from Veilside USA when I mailed them to ask about his authenticity when all the siht was going on last year:

"Thank you for the information, we have forwarded this information to our legal department. Unfortunately we do not have any legal representation in Europe, so it may be difficult to control. You may want to speak with your trade governing board to report fraud, as we have heard numerous horror stories about this individual.

Regards,

VeilSide USA

1250 East 223rd Street, Suite 105

Carson, CA 90745

T.310.835.5684

F.310.835.5682

http://www.veilside.com"

Forewarned is forearmed mate. I have his real name and mobile (which is actually still connected lol) should you need it though :)

BTW I dont know this guy, but anyone trading under somebody else's business name without their knowledge cant be good.

Good point , a lot of people would feel at ease if they thought he was officially using the Veilside name , looks a bit iffy to me , no address etc .

Dude:flame Dev

(threadhijack)

Sorry about the thread hijack all - further to my last post, go over here:

http://www.lancerregister.com/

Go to the forum, (youll need to create an account) and do a search for Malik. There should be 5 threads that come back with a hit. Youll see what I mean when you read them and draw your own conclusions ;)

(/threadhijack)

I maild his and asked some questions about the car and this is what i got back.

Dear Daniel,

Hello and thank you for your email.

Sep i.e "N" reg 1995, RZ-S Supra Twin Turbo 6 Speed Manual.

It has covered 92,860 kms or 57,320 warranted miles. USS grade 4 B with

service history and the original auction sheet.

This car has had a full red nappa leather interior fitted in the UK. Suffice

it to say, the fitter we use also does work for Honda UK. The leather is a

very similar colour to the leather seen in the latest BMW M3 models.

There are no dents, ripples, scratches etc on the bodywork. It has the

standard 17-inch wheels. A UK bonnet scoop has been fitted as have the UK

headlight washers.

Any inspection welcome. Now SVA approved. Full UK conversion, speed limiter

removed. The OSR light cluster has been replaced with a UK Spec unit

featuring an integrated fog light. Silver paint.

Rear Tyres: 255/40/ZR17 Pirelli Super Sport P7000 with 6-7mm tread left.

Front: 235/45/ZR17 same make with 6-7mm tread left.

The Coolant and Oil both look nice enough to drink. There is a sticker on the

Air Filter with the following wording on it: "HKS, 14.4.3, 80,000kms"

Modifications: Toyota side skirts and rear aprons, a very expensive Kenwood

DPX 99 CD and tape player. No modifications out of a comic book.

Paperwork: Original Auction Sheet (showing the condition, grade and mileage of

the car before it left Japan), Japanese De-registration Document and

translation, Japanese Owners Manual, CD player Owners Manual, "Maintenance

Note" Service Book (The chassis numbers and mileages are in English) showing

stamped services at the following intervals: 3,769kms, 8,735kms, 11, 017kms,

15,051kms, 30,786kms, 64,989kms and 83,786kms.

Price: £12,499 OTR

This price is open to sensible offers.

Thanks

Malakai

Now im looking for a new one.

Well............on a BPU you get more bhp on a uk-spec than a j-spec and then there is some more things thats better on the uk-spec.

I dont agree with the BPU and more HP bit in fact i can allmost guaruntee that if you are spending under £1000 the J-spec will put out more power!! , do some research and you will see what i mean , The UK's are usually better equiped and feel very diffferent to drive they feel more 'solid' i dont like the feeling i think the J-Specs feel much more sporty if thats the right term !!!

As Mr Dude suggested I don't think you'll really note too much difference when just doing BPU stuff, Thorin got his dyno'd with very basic mods and got more power than I did in my UK - I'm working on that now though :)

It's when you go beyond BPU that the UK can save you a bit of work thanks to the superior fuelling etc but if you plan to go too far then most of the stuff gets taken off anyway so you can start anywhere you like ;)

For me the biggest selling points for the UK were the ivory leather seats, the ease of getting bigger brakes without searching for a J-Spec with them or a later car which I couldn't afford and the improved refinement - having gone from a bone shaker of an MR2 Turbo which was anything but it was nice to have some luxury. I'm also a fan of the headlamp washers and I like to know what temperature it is outside... I suppose the passenger airbag is nice if you sit in that seat too.

Given my current issue can I tempt you back into buying mine ;)

Well with a BPU on a uk-spec you got around 400rwhp........that you wont get with a j-spec.

by bpu i mean BCC,FCD,BC,exhaust with DP,air filter.

I have been looking at some j-specs,but havet found many that have been interesting.

Xantim , dont kid yourself dude you will NEVER see 400rwhp on 'BPU' on either car unless you spend serious $$$$$$ people chuck hp figures around real easy , but like they say talk is cheap , think about it a UK is 320 hp at the flywheel say 250 at the crank , how you gonna add 150 rwhp with BPU (De-cat, exhaust,air filter ) youll struggle to get the UK over 1 bar unless you buy a decent boost controller and even then its not easy !!!.

i have a lot of mods and mine is 380 at the hubs and 404ft lb of torque .!!!!

Well my plan is to go further than BPU.........lets say tha PHR stage 2 kitt is what im aming for next winter.Sins i have alot connections i can get alot of stuff to the car at prices that the stores buys at. And the car will stay in the same garage as the SMR SUPRA that made 9,84 / 241km/h @ 402.

They know what they are doing and i have been talking alot to them so i got a pritty good picture of whats right and not.

HERE is a nice thread to,but its in swedish so dont complain :p

Well my plan is to go further than BPU.........lets say tha PHR stage 2 kitt is what im aming for next winter.Sins i have alot connections i can get alot of stuff to the car at prices that the stores buys at. And the car will stay in the same garage as the SMR SUPRA that made 9,84 / 241km/h @ 402.

They know what they are doing and i have been talking alot to them so i got a pritty good picture of whats right and not.

HERE is a nice thread to,but its in swedish so dont complain :p

Them blokes are all pissed mate (drunk) they keep talkin all strange :D , what a lovely workshop!!!, if you are thinking of going single then dont waste money on a Uk , all you will gain is brakes , do you fancy manual or auto ????

This is quite funny, I have a UK spec (which I'm STILL selling) and I still think its the best car I have ever owned.

Never driven a jap spec.

At least if you own a UK spec car you will have a lot more exclusivity than if you owned a J-spec if nothing else.

Originally posted by 400BHP

This is quite funny, I have a UK spec (which I'm STILL selling) and I still think its the best car I have ever owned.

Never driven a jap spec.

At least if you own a UK spec car you will have a lot more exclusivity than if you owned a J-spec if nothing else.

No luck on the sale Chris ???? thought you had someone looking at her !!. Just been out on test in this UK ive got here with its new hi-stall converter and hybrids and it goes like stink , even in TTC with hybrids it has virtually no lag just by putting the throttle down , if you power brake you have to be very gentle with the gas unless the tyres are warm .

Dude