The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need help, suspension

Pig

I come begging and pleading for advise.

The time has come where i admit stock doesnt rock. :(

My suspension has had its day and its finally time to sort it out.

I need to be carefull with the pennies but am not interested in doing anything by halves.

for some reason i seem to have my heart set on Eibach suspension as it seems to be what alot of the racers run (rally drivers etc) My mind is not made up though.

On a car thats done over 100K im sure i could benefit from more than just springs and dampers but how far do i go?

e.g New bushes, anti roll bars, arms????????

Budget MAX up to 2K. Would rather spend half if poss but i think its very unlikely!

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Kind regards

Pig

See if your rear upper wishbone bushes have worn for a start

Ive got a set of Tein Super Street with TopMounts on mine, changed the rear arms and its like a new car, its done 100k too

If its likely to have warn, im sure it has on mine. I think im acually close to 120k and all on UK roads (hard life)

How about these http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=169356

Would help keep costs down aswell.

I know these are new but i would like to buy from a dealer to be sure they are 100% new.....also, im worried about tien as there are so many mixed views out there.

What are you using your Supe ... road / track??

Cant decide. A bit of both, i used my car 6 times this year.

(excluding driving to the garage or the car wash)

4 times were track and 2 road but there is lots of road miles as Le mans and driving to days out etc are a big thing.

I can give you 200 quid change from your budget... :)

Would love to know more about your setup as have heard wonderful things. Also, after taking your advise on brake pads i have been incredibly happy.

I remember reading your post about not changes bushes etc as too much of a nightmare to do...

Maybe a pm or phone call would be better?

I'm wondering if anyone has tried these, could be good for the money. :)

Not sure if a drift setup is really for me.... also, prefere brand name rather than something not tested.

For a road car I would with CW road setup and some TRD roll bars :thumbs:

Is that what ou have done? Apart from track setup?

Have you had your bushes done?