The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally finished

QSC

Are both exhausts functional? Any pics from underneath?

Who did the work in the end and are you happy with them?

They are indeed both functional, I used Alpha Exhausts in Leeds - as for pics from underneath, I think you should pop round and take em - I'm not an acrobat ya know:p

They don't sound much different to standard ones TBH, but I like the way they look.

The arches began life at Spray & Bake in Barnsley, then the car went to DMB who did a very good job on the arches and blending in the Trial rear, but made a complete arse of the finish.

In the end I took it to Capital in Wakefield, & I'm happy with the finish now.

Looking good Rob! Its taken you a while to get it looking how you want, but glad you're pleased :)

p.s are those the new wheels too?

Yep, new wheels also - am certainly thinking of lowering at the front though, it doesn't look quite right, plus the handling issue.

hAVE YOU SEEN THOSE REAR WHEELS? i doubt it:D

Won't matter what the wheels are if they're being lifted off the ground by the airflow running under the car.

A high front will gather in lots of air. As this air moves toward the back of the car, the lower rear means the air will be squished, and in return it will exert an upwards 'push' on the rear of the car, making it go light.

The faster you go, the more air will be contributing to this effect and the lighter the rear will become. You remember the Le Mans car that flipped as it crested a small rise a few years ago? That was air doing things it shouldn't. I'm not saying the same thing could happen here, but the same principle is at play and it shouldn't be underestimated. Driving a badly handling car at high speed isn't going to be an enjoyable experience. :eek:

P.S. It look FAR too high at the front, if it is higher than the rear (as it appears) then your handling at high speed will be dangerous. :Pling:

The front isn't actually higher suspension-wise, but it looks it due to the rear arches having been constructed to that height, if you see what I mean.

All suggestions more than welcome though, I guess if I lower the front springs a couple of inches, it will benefit ?

Very nice, really like the twin exits, Trial rear and Stillen front.

I think I agree with Wayne though - it could do with some sideskirts as the the rear is quite agressive and needs something to "flow" down to the front, if you see what I mean :)

Gaz.

Thanks for the comments Gaz - also for the Stillen front of course, which looks much better than the Do-Luck I had on before (enjoy Lukey) - I've just never found any side skirts I actually like the look of though, they've all been too deep, if you know what I mean ?

Thanks for the comments Gaz - also for the Stillen front of course, which looks much better than the Do-Luck I had on before (enjoy Lukey) - I've just never found any side skirts I actually like the look of though, they've all been too deep, if you know what I mean ?

NP :)

I know exactly what you mean, its a pity there isn't a really subtle skirt for the Supra, the Stillen one is about the most subtle:

http://www.stillen.com/product_images/1010012.jpg

The TS ones are stunning too but maybe too deep:

Gaz.