The mkiv Supra Owners Club

not happy with tein

Guest david

not happy with tein super street :( had them fitted last august and now the front passenger side damper has gone all spongy. any bodyels had problems with tein.now don't know whether to get it replased or get some new ones i was thinking hks what have you got on ur supra people

definitely replace, i have TEIN SS and EDFC, and it suits me. why pay more for something if you are happy and it is only one that needs replacing/fixing.

not saying i would not change to something else, if all needed doing, but atm i am happy with the TEIN SS i have had for most of this year.

not happy with tein super street :( had them fitted last august and now the front passenger side damper has gone all spongy. any bodyels had problems with tein.now don't know whether to get it replased or get some new ones i was thinking hks what have you got on ur supra people

send it back to Tein under warranty

from tein

Hi Dave Thanks for your reply. I cannot be accurate, but expect to pay between GBP160.00 -GBP200.00 + vat per damper. Naturally, it will be clearer what the fee will be once we inspect them. Please bear in mind that the repair often needs a lead time of around 3 weeks. Replacement singles are available, but considering lead time and air freight fee, it will be a little more than the cost of repair, probably. And it is not guaranteed to arrive more quickly, as it depends on stock level in Japan. If this is too long, you would be better to consider a new kit, as we have them in stock. Please discuss your next steps with your dealer.

just had this from tein in a email so i have to fork out 160 to 200 for there poor quilty and have the soop off the road for 3 week :wtf:or bye a new set of 4 i am realy pissed off with them :soap:

Bilstein and Koni have the most sophisticated valving, quality shaft chrome plating, piston, piston seals, shaft seals, and bearings of all the reasonably priced dampers. I am aware that many people have little or no trouble with Tein dampers, I must just come across all the dozens of exceptions. What can't be argued is that they are very basic internally, (but they are a nice colour and are heavily advertised). I think people like them because they are height adjustable, and Tein emblazon the sides of lots very visible cars in the jap tuning world with their logos.

Bilstein and Koni have the most sophisticated valving, quality shaft chrome plating, piston, piston seals, shaft seals, and bearings of all the reasonably priced dampers. I am aware that many people have little or no trouble with Tein dampers, I must just come across all the dozens of exceptions. What can't be argued is that they are very basic internally, (but they are a nice colour and are heavily advertised). I think people like them because they are height adjustable, and Tein emblazon the sides of lots very visible cars in the jap tuning world with their logos.

I'd really like your set-up, if only I could afford it :sigh: :)

I'd really like your set-up, if only I could afford it :sigh: :)

im really intrested in the Tein SS threads lately as its no secret that i really need to look at changing the suspension setup on my supe.. especially as i plan to do more tracks days..

ive alwasy liked the sound of the SS with the EDFC- i like the idea of dampening settings available in car and its another toy to play with hehe!.. but also i like the fact that they height adjustable.. which is major plus in my book..

im interested in CW setup though.. but as Andrewow says.. price is the issue there.

need to have a thinking.. so many people are swearing by the Teins tho.. decisions decisions.

Edited by Firestorm (see edit history)