The mkiv Supra Owners Club

little help please

L33

2 questions

i have i fmic but its only a 2 row, im looking to get a 3 row to do a single conversion.

can you just get a core and pipes any where or do i have to buy the hole kit again, reason being my fmic has only done like 2k miles so like new! its a greddy one, looking for the greddy 3 row now

also im planning on doing the conversion next year. if i strip the left hand side now so i can sell all the stuff will it cause damage to the engine? its not garaged it wil be on the drive so out in the elements. if it will i wil just leve it all attached until i take it to be converted

cheers

If the pipe size on your intercooler is a decent size and enough to cope with the power your after then yes just sell the core, although you will probably need a different pipe for the turbo -> intercooler.

What do you plan on taking off the car?

the intercooler i have is the greddy spec m 2 row. and was told it was rated for 400. dont think this would fit the phr kit? or be able to cope. the 3 row kit is £1k but just seems a bit daft to buy the whole kit again when i already have the other bits that it comes with. just want bigger core and pipes really

and yes edge i change my mind a lot, but im sticking to this! lol! selling my bits for the kit, but im doing a lot more to it. would save so much money if i didnt keep changing my mind! all my polished turbo pipes ive had fitted havent even done 1k miles!! :( but hey single will be worth it

i wrote out a list of things im getting and priced the lot up so i have my target to save for. going to upgrade to uk brakes also as its better than what i have but not going to cost me the earth to buy! want to get ecu, box cooler, cams and few other bits. budgeted about 5-6k for parts

Dont forget about fueling, mapping costs, what size exhaust you got now? may need a 3" system, labour costs for bits you cant do yourself. Add another 2k on your budget just incase.

Have a look at jamiep's thread to get an idea of parts costs.

You can take off all the bits you want. Stuff some newspaper in the outlets to stop bits getting in, keep it as dry as possible under the bonnet etc. Just dont start it up after LOL.

yea i got all that accounted for mate! i already have a walbro pump that should do the job! i was bpu except for the boost controller. i have a nur spec cat back system and a double whifbitz decat pipes so again should be fine.

labour i have already asked about but again have to stick more on it because i stil havent looked at why the engine blew up in the first place! lol. but they think itssome thing simple!

i might start taking all my polished parts off if i can bare the cold weather to get some extra cash lol!

Edited by L33 (see edit history)

so far the materials i have budgeted for are

phr street single turbo kit

the hks ssqv weld on flange

auto box cooler

greddy emanage unit

wiring harness

front mount

uk calipers

grooved disks

trd pads

cams

650 injectors

boost controller

depending on engine probs might have to budget pistons valves and springs, some parts are not essential like the cams but would be nice to do it all in one!

tis quite a list but if i need any thing else please let me know :)

planning to have her back by jap fest!

My GT35R Turbo is already sold.

I still have all the manifold,dp etc but havent made up my mind yet but the way things are going i am hoping to have the built 900hp drag car AND keep my single white supra with the SP74 running around 750hp :eyebrows:

But cheers for thinking of me Dodge.

Business is good :D