The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big thanks to Thor

Vaughany

I dont get my soop out often for a hard drive so yesterday I took it out for a good run. My J-Spec has had a performance mods such as uprated plugs, Induction Kit, Nurspec R and the 2nd Cat removed.

The Soop is just short of 1 Bar but yesterday I was driving hard and the Boost Gauge was showing just over 1 Bar. So guess what happened, yep fuel cut cut in and killed the car. Me being so impatient I phoned and left a message for Pete explaining what happened.

I was'nt expecting him to phone me back as it was Sunday but he did. We discussed the problem and Pete said I could bring the Soop down tomorrow to get it sorted. So I arrived at Thor early on monday morning and Pete diagnosed the problem as the fuel cut. He changed the stock fuel cut for his own unit which allows 1.25 bar safely.

We done a power run to check everything was fine and that the problem had gone. Well It was, all my fuelling is good and the Soop is back running sweet. Well chuffed with my power figures, 325 rwhp and 331 ft/lb of torque. Not bad for a car with the 1st Cat still in and no manual boost controller fitted. However these will be next.

Enough of the waffeling, Big thanks to Pete Betts and to Thor Race Engineering. Top job at a price that is right .Oh yeh he also sorted the loose connection with the engine management light and the ABS light that we all have, (Well I did)

THANKS AGAIN