The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A big HI from me

Guest navaraman

Guest navaraman

Just a quick hello from me. I am toying with the idea(if funds permit) to buy a second car next year. I love the look of the mkIV supras, so I thought it would be a good idea to see what they are all about before I bought one. Most likely an auto N/A. Unlike when I bought my D22 navara pick up truck last year. Just after I bought it, I thought it would be a good idea to check out the navara forum.

Much to my horror
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif
, I found out the trucks suffer with big end bearing failure due to naff bearings, which in turn, causes the rods to exit the block through the side. So after 8 hours work and a new set of shells and ARP rod bolts, all is well.

Trying not to make the same mistake again :D

Thanks,

Mark

Guest navaraman

I dont think a 53 plate with 27k should be having bearing failures. The bearings I took out looked like the surface of the moon. I think I caught it just in time. It appears that in Nissans infinate wisdom, they changed from Lead/Copper bearings to Tin/Aluminium. The fix is to go back to lead/copper and ARP rod bolts.