The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do you do a burnout?

Marco

for a manual you definitely need a brake line lock kit, Envy probably do them. its a switch you can flick on or off which only locks the front brakes and allows the rears to spin..

any chance on a group buy on the brake line lock kit? :D

you could always stick ya car in first gear, rev it up to 6500 rpm then dump the clutch ;)

Originally posted by Paul Laing

Rev your car to about 5-6,000 revs, slip the clutch and when it starts to spin but also pull away slightly, put your left food (slightly) on the brake, that will make you stop and you can do a long burnout then......:)

I wouldnt recommend slipping your clutch at 5-6000 revs otherwise you could easily burn out the clutch, the brake lock kit is the safer option IMHO. :thumbs:

its not hard to do a burnout in an auto

turn off all traction controls

hold it on front brake hard stick in 1st and rev to 2000+ revs and the tyres will light up then move into 2nd gear. even easier with a torque convertor.

you dont want to be doing it too much as you could break your gearbox or something else.

it will heat your tranny fluid up and kill your box

Originally posted by MfS

£150 to destroy some tires, doh! :innocent: I might get the kit later when I have some spare money

NO NO £150 to warm up yer drag radials so as you can get traction at the strip , as a toy it can get expensive on tyres !!!!;)

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by dude

NO NO £150 to warm up yer drag radials so as you can get traction at the strip , as a toy it can get expensive on tyres !!!!;)

Dude:flame Dev

Got ya ;)

I've only been to a strip once, and then she broke :D doh!

But I'll keep it in mind if I want to put some decent times down on a 1/4 mile

Given that most of us have to order tyres in rather than buy them off the shelf, you don't have to waste your tyres, you just wait till you have to buy some then you have a week (on average) to keep lighting up your rears at every available opportunity.

If you try donuts, don't burn out your PS pump as I did.

Fella's, find a road or carpark with a slight gradiant on it. Park 1/2 way up the slope. pop her in 1st or 2nd, gently ease off the handbrake to slightly roll backwards. Raise the revs, lift the clutch and Robert's yer mothers brother! Flame-on! Have fun holding her on the slope or gently crawling 4ward zig-zaggin'.

(Do not get too carried away coz u WILL shag summat up, Ha):cool: ;)

Donutting involves just spinning up the tyres and holding the wheel to one side on full lock,

but DON'T hold the wheel hard over in all the excitement cos you will shaft the power steering pump.

I've found the Supra does tend to understeer when donutting, so find as smooth a surface as possible.

Ordered my tires today and they should be in tomorrow :)

I didn't do a full burnout afterall :(

But I did do a mini 'burnout' in the local tesco parkinglot. TC off, revved her up to 5000 drop the clutch and put some nice tiremarks there. (Didn't use the brakes) The first was 12 meter , the 2nd 15 meter :)

I noticed my revcounter went up to 7500! Damn, my revlimiter is obviously not working.... :twak: