The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brigestone Potenza's

Supra-Dupra

Purely a summer tyre ?

I took claires supra for a spin a few times and the tyres are like new but any sort of semi quick take off the car kicks out, and on the motorway in light rain going 2nd > 3rd > 4th gear its spinning aswell.

The tyres are Potenza RE01R to be exact, and I find them terrible in the wet tbh.

Purely a summer tyre ?

I took claires supra for a spin a few times and the tyres are like new but any sort of semi quick take off the car kicks out, and on the motorway in light rain going 2nd > 3rd > 4th gear its spinning aswell.

The tyres are Potenza RE01R to be exact, and I find them terrible in the wet tbh.

http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/aing/cabinet/tire/re01r_m.jpg

the REO50A is the tyre to have and has some good revues on this board, they are certainly on my short list for new rears, are these REO1's a cheaper tyre ? edit - just had a check and they claim advanced dry grip with a semi slick shoulder, the term semi slick is probably the clue here

Edited by paul mac (see edit history)

the REO50A is the tyre to have and has some good revues on this board, they are certainly on my short list for new rears, are these REO1's a cheaper tyre ? edit - just had a check and they claim advanced dry grip with a semi slick shoulder, the term semi slick is probably the clue here

Suspected that, thanks.

I thought it was the Falken 452 most seem to recommend on this board for the Supe?

when i said RE050A i meant as opposed to RE0-01R and any other Potenza with the RE0 pre-fix, i hadn't heard of the 01R but it would seem they are more suited to a summer only car or track days, some like the Falkens personally after having a set i dont rate them as anything special yes they last a long time but that comes at the expense of grip, do a search on tyres if your interested there is shed loads on here