The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rebuild

Guest dannyboy107

Guest dannyboy107

Hmm im stuck between Na-T or TT and i no most of you will say TT costs less more efficient etc.............

If i was to go Na-T id go full engine rebuild with stronger internals be near the 350bhp + ya it will cost more but if i were to go TT id want to go single so id be buying a TT conversion then convert to a single now that will cost even more than the NA-T. I just prefer having one turbo than two Not too interested in the big bhp, you never know what condition or the history of the TT engine +turbos after a year might need a new set or something

Hmm im stuck between Na-T or TT and i no most of you will say TT costs less more efficient etc.............

If i was to go Na-T id go full engine rebuild with stronger internals be near the 350bhp + ya it will cost more but if i were to go TT id want to go single so id be buying a TT conversion then convert to a single now that will cost even more than the NA-T. I just prefer having one turbo than two Not too interested in the big bhp, you never know what condition or the history of the TT engine +turbos after a year might need a new set or something

I'm also stuck in the same position, do I got N/A-T or TT, My mind is saying N/A-T as I will get more power than a standard TT(and a BPU TT with a bit more work) and I will also get the sound of a single:cool:

Guest dannyboy107

I havent driven one no but ive been in one though, wasnt that impressed with the stock performance still alot better than the NA ofcourse. Im not saying im aiming for 350 saying anything above that ill be more than happy with it, Cost wise it will be more expensive doing single but id rather say spend 4k tops and do a single then spend 2.5k on a TT and then down the line BPU and i no i will want to go single all in all id spend more than 4k, i get addicted once i no i can upgrade something i have to do it.......going NA-T you sorta have a limit once you've got your 400hp your at your peak unless you really wanna go silly and upgrade everything and make more power...well then you might as well gone down the TT route..... suppose like marc_p you get the kick of the single turbo and sound just prefer the single turbo set up than the twins.

But my minds not set yet :p

I would sell the car and buy a TT. With prices what they are at the moment, 4K plus a couple for yours would get you a TT. That way you know (not "no") it's not been dicked with and will probably be less of a pain in the arse than any conversion, It would probably be worth more when you go to sell it also.

But, if you want a single turbo, just for the sake of having a single turbo, then NA-T is going to be the cheaper option obviously. Don't know if a NA-T conversion can be done properly for 4K. Seems amazingly cheap when a similar conversion on the TT is going to cost circa 10K, but then I don't know much at all about NA motors.

Guest dannyboy107

Ok after much searching and thinking pretty much what i do all day at work, ive decided to go TT risk putting a unkown engine block in and well hope for the best