The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Steering wheel help!

Amir khan

Hi all,

Im fitting my new momo steering wheel, and am stuck with the horn!

there are two cables one white and one yellow, Im guessing im going to have to snip and connect the cables from the steering wheel.

Also does anyone know if you can still have the automatic indicator cancel with an aftermarket steering wheel?

Think it had something to do with the yellow mechanism in the second pic, but i had to remove that to fit hub

some feel safer without, end of.

Silly me, for some reason I thought it was because they liked the look of a nice new shiny steering wheel, am I wrong ? :blink:

One person up against a major manufacturer like Toyota and they think they know best, it's laughable! :D

Silly me, for some reason I thought it was because they liked the look of a nice new shiny steering wheel, am I wrong ? :blink:

One person up against a major manufacturer like Toyota and they think they know best, it's laughable! :D

The survey found that the majority of respondents mistakenly believed that air bags save the lives of more children than they kill, that it is safe for an 11-year-old to sit in the front seat, and that the risk of air bag-induced injury to a driver is minimal if a driver wears a seat belt properly. In fact, the survey’s technical comments note that air bags kill more children than they save according to the "best available evidence," that children under the age of 12 should sit in the rear seat, and that the use of a seat belt does not eliminate injuries from air bags.

The survey, titled "The Airbag’s Teflon Image: A National Survey of Knowledge and Attitudes," was jointly sponsored by the Center for Risk Analysis and the Injury Control Center of the Harvard School of Public Health.

Graham, who also is a professor of policy and decision sciences at the Harvard School of Public Health in addition to being the founding director of the university’s risk center, first began analyzing air bag safety in the 1980s. His cost-benefit analysis of air bag technology was cited in pro-air bag decisions by both the U.S. Supreme Court and former U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elizabeth Dole.

He also is known for Harvard’s Lifesaving Priorities Project, which produced a computerized data base on the relative costs and effectiveness of 500 lifesaving policies in medicine, injury prevention, and toxin control, and for his work in introducing risk analysis into the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990.

Research it ;) , they are not that safe for 'smaller people' (like myself) also harnesses negate the need for an airbag anyway.

In terms of airbag, I know what everyone is saying obv airbags are better, but its the first car iv had with an airbag. I suppose you will just have to bare that in mind before you drive like a maniac!

About the Hub, im thinking if its the wrong one.

In the pictures you can see 3 small pin like things in a triangle from what iv figured these need to fit into 3 groves in the back of the hub, so when the wheel turns the mechanism turns which will cancel the indicator. Im not too fused about cancelling myself my main concern is the horn! The thought of someone about to back into me and not being able to alert them :s

Where does the horn usually connect to? Theres the white connector piece and the yellow one. does anyone know which one is airbag and which is for the horn?

also am i right in thinking i just find which one is the horn snip it and wire up live and neutral?

Thanks for the help

Im fitting my new momo steering wheel, and am stuck with the horn!

lol :D

I can't help directly, if you don't get any replies in this thread you might find what you're looking for if you have a good search through previous threads as I recall the same questions being asked before.