The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Traction control

allawyg

Hi guys.

The supra I brought about 6 months ago apparently has traction control, its got this knob and switch that apparently is there to control the settings but nothing works,

the guy told me that the rear abs sensors need replacing for this to start working, does that make sense?

do you guys know anyone in london to check it out? winter is comming and its getting wet so I need TC :)

Dude take it easy man we don't want another loss. I have driven mine a year now and thought I got to grips with it. NOT SO!!!

On Friday, on a Road I travel daily, do the same thing every day I kicked down a gear in the Supe on a wet manhole cover (silly move) and the ass end broke out all over the shot till TC kicked me back in.

Oh and I am an old Bird not a Boy Racer, so don't be a fool please appreciate the Power a Supra delivers and don't get complacent like I had. Cause in the end the Supra will WIN!!!

Be safe. :)

appreciate the concern, I know u have to take it real easy in the wet, but sometimes theres that 911 at the traffic lights giving u dirty looks while his girl in the passenger seat is smiling at u, you just gotta race him.

Thats why I need to sort out my TC, anyone out there in london u can recommend. As I said my car has TC installed, its just not working, need to get it checked out

i can understand the need to race i really can, cause it is tempting, just know that sometimes its easier to just swallow your pride (espesh during the winter) .. or loose your car or life... or worse, someone else's life...

TC on my TT is rubbish any way.. it wouldnt get u any a quicker start! lol

Just come back from Whitchurch in the little Matiz, a local hot shoe in one of those (fast) BMW turbo diesel estates comprehensively lost it on a huge slick of mud on the local B roadH he was coming towards me, I jinked onto the right side of the road, he went by on the left side, backwards and buried the back end in the bank. I stopped to see he wasn't hurt, and he comes out with the gem, "Did you see it, all that mud, it's a disgrace". Just said, "Yep, saw it, was driving like a grannie as a result, saw you losing it, avoided you too, with luck *I'll* also see the mud on road sign 100 yards further up, the twin of the one i have just passed, that's been there all week, and avoid hitting that as well". Maybe he's learnt about wet mud and RWD cars? Probably not though....;)

Just come back from Whitchurch in the little Matiz, a local hot shoe in one of those (fast) BMW turbo diesel estates comprehensively lost it on a huge slick of mud on the local B roadH he was coming towards me, I jinked onto the right side of the road, he went by on the left side, backwards and buried the back end in the bank. I stopped to see he wasn't hurt, and he comes out with the gem, "Did you see it, all that mud, it's a disgrace". Just said, "Yep, saw it, was driving like a grannie as a result, saw you losing it, avoided you too, with luck *I'll* also see the mud on road sign 100 yards further up, the twin of the one i have just passed, that's been there all week, and avoid hitting that as well". Maybe he's learnt about wet mud and RWD cars? Probably not though....;)

See, all that could have been avoided if he had 355 tyres and his traction control had been working :innocent:

Without any doubt at all, be careful. :blink:

Those tyres are very wide, much wider than the average used on here and with a low sidewall too!

Sound like Aquaplane Specials to me. A good friend used to have a 911 Turbo, he always pretended to be in economy mode on wet motorways after aquaplaning across 3 lanes and kissing the barrier. I used to upset him by getting to long haul destinations in the pouring rain faster in my 2CV, which rode monsoon conditions like a charm on its narrow little Michelins.

Hi guys.

The supra I brought about 6 months ago apparently has traction control, its got this knob and switch that apparently is there to control the settings but nothing works,

the guy told me that the rear abs sensors need replacing for this to start working, does that make sense?

do you guys know anyone in london to check it out? winter is comming and its getting wet so I need TC :)

Just rip it off. :)

Joe