The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Forlife - Lifespan?

michael

Just a quick one for the red Forlife users - how long do you have the stuff in your car before it changes from that lovely red to a less desirable brown?

I'm asking because Toyota were supposed to have flushed and changed mine as part of a major service late last year, not only did they only charge me for one 5L container they don't seem to have actually put any in - it's brown :(

Just gathering evidence before I go and see the service manager.

mcanny

I was told buy a machanic at a local toyota garage

that it should be changed every 2 years

since then (it was when I had a mkiii) I have done as recommended by him on all the toyotas I have had

but the coolant still looked red after this period of time

The only cars I have had with "muddy" coolant were clapped out minis and I thought the colour was caused buy rust from the cast iron block.

either way muddy coolant is not good

Sounds like I've been screwed over by my friendly dealership then - I remember the Forlife in my MR2 staying red for ages after I flushed and changed it, the Supra stuff is brown after Toyota have done it and it's supposedly only been in the car for 6 months at the most.

I need to take some out to have a look at it in the light but it seems murky, it's not like mud or anything but it's certainly not ribena :(

That'll teach me to move house and be too busy to do the work myself!

Originally posted by eyefi

haha yr (mcannys) car is a clapped out mini :) haha

Right now I wish the damn thing was - at least then I could open the bonnet and know what everything is, you need to be a plumber and electrician to suss the Supra out I recon, far too many pipes and wires :)