The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Here we go again me drifting at santapod vids

little num

Went to the pod today to practice my drifting as only owning the supra for 3 months now i thought it would be a good idea to see what i can do with it and what i can break, well break i did both wings hitting cones :cry: oh well better luck next time lol.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DmgeCWMpMVw

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YB0xHvjqfOg

Enjoy.

Edited by little num (see edit history)

Went to the pod today to practice my drifting as only owning the supra for 3 months now i thought it would be a good idea to see what i can do with it and what i can break, well break i did both wings hitting cones :cry: oh well better luck next time lol.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DmgeCWMpMVw

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YB0xHvjqfOg

Enjoy.

now thats what a supra is for. not just sat in the garage looking all clean and shiney.nice one mate my mate is up the pod all the time in his skyline.:D

How much was it to attend ?

Its to be hoped you had a spare set of wheels/tyres for the way home ?

It was only £60 for the day, but with fuel and spare tyres it was a resonable day at around £150 ish with dinner 2, i normally do trackdays but found the car to be a little unpridictable so thought this was the best way to find the limits of both me and the car.

As for the car its a twin uk 6 speed running TTC mod, its got the standard diff and to be honest was fantastic to drift so much feel once you get it right.

As for abusing it i dont see the piont in having a car like this unless your going to drive it for the purpose it was built, Me and my brother went in our supra and to be honest we had the most expensive cars there, as they was all turning up in there old batterd skylines and 200sx's it became clear we were novice's for sure, but by dinner time we had crowds of people watching as we was as good if not better then the regulars.

Guest Nicholas
It was only £60 for the day, but with fuel and spare tyres it was a resonable day at around £150 ish with dinner 2, i normally do trackdays but found the car to be a little unpridictable so thought this was the best way to find the limits of both me and the car.

As for the car its a twin uk 6 speed running TTC mod, its got the standard diff and to be honest was fantastic to drift so much feel once you get it right.

As for abusing it i dont see the piont in having a car like this unless your going to drive it for the purpose it was built, Me and my brother went in our supra and to be honest we had the most expensive cars there, as they was all turning up in there old batterd skylines and 200sx's it became clear we were novice's for sure, but by dinner time we had crowds of people watching as we was as good if not better then the regulars.

You was, was you :)

I didnt know Toyota built Supra's for drifting :p

Well done though, love watching drifting, never seen a supra going sideways in the metal, only on film. Is your suspension standard? How many tyres did you get through?? :D

All rwd cars are built to drift, and sporty rwd cars are built to drive hard imo.

there were people in old sierra's and BMW estate's with welded diff's doing really well, must admit i didnt like holding the car on the limiter most of the day but i found it handled alot better by thrashing the nuts of it, but my little baby is now due for some more money and work spending on it, just bought new plugs and a oil filter ready for the trackday on the 22nd at bedford.

Suspension wise i fitted avo adjustable shocks all round with jap springs but only had it set on number 2 (quite soft) tyres had 50psi to make them not grip so much as i was still running some 255 40 17's i only just 1 set i was really suprised how long they lasted, they had about 4-5m to start and only changed them to come home as they was on the metal onthe inside's.

Let me know if/when you go again num, it's a pity I couldn't join in this time.

Deffinatly will be booking another day like this, at the time i was enjoying it but now im thinking about what i did and watch the vids back im really miss being there doing what i love, here is a pic from llandow being chased by a scooby mad man.

Looks brill i have this as my desktop pic, and no i didnt spin off this time :p

llandow sidewards.jpg

Edited by little num (see edit history)