The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Influx of 'Boy Racers' into the club?

Sheefa

I haven't frequented these boards recently, so I'm playing catch up on the majority of topics like 'whine my headlights don't fit' and 'i'm a cheap ass who can't aford £50 squida'.

Have we recently received an influx of boy racers snapping up the cheaper supes on the market ? Those who are easily identifable by the fact that they believe they can transfer their expense kitty of £100 per annum for the Micra/Saxo/306 over to their new purchase.......that accompanied by the text 'innit' speak.

Mentioning no names here, but are we offering out free membership now or something too?? Otherwise, how the hell could they afford aryton senna to post on these boards?!

Discuss (as Michael would say).

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have noticed the the amount of newbies buying very cheap cars (I don't mean seasonal or credit crunch cheap, I mean sheds) and then asking stupid questions has ramped up considerably in the last 4 months or so. A lot are genuine nice guys getting onto the next rung of the performance car ladder, but Christ there area lot of muppets joining up.

This isn't unique to mkivsupra.net though, pistonheads is going through the same thing, it's like the peasants have just been given access to the internet.

how the hell did i know you was going to say that :p. shut your face im not a boy racer. im 21 with a TT that i worked hard for fully BPU and i dont post up stupid questions on how to make my head lights fit! Also i havent had any stupid clio's or saxo's etc/

You haven't raced any BMW 318s lately have you?

Just checking.

Guest Nicholas
how the hell did i know you was going to say that :p. shut your face im not a boy racer. im 21 with a TT that i worked hard for fully BPU and i dont post up stupid questions on how to make my head lights fit! Also i havent had any stupid clio's or saxo's etc/

You do have stupid doors tho ;)

1. Lambo doors

2. No shift key

Sorry, it's confirmed.

*wonders what my next car club will be after the supe.

Thing is after supra there are no decent jap exclusive cars left. Maybe skyline club? But I bet that has its share too given their fall in prices. I've done the rx7 club.

Only thing left is nsx club which is probably quite decent and chav free.

Well, The supra becomes cheap so therefore it becomes accessable to the younger crowd. I mean 1700? for an N/A if i was 18-20 i would have brought that instead of the 106 xsi i had back then.

Fact these cars no longer hold the same magic they did 5 years ago when i think i must have seen 2 a year.

You want out? Then i suggest NSX they are the only things left that still carrys a price tag to high for normal people. Wow doesnt that sound snobby? Maybe thats the real issue here. People dont like thier club of high powered sports cars diluted.

Maybe we just need to wait for the 'boy racers' to break theirs, then hopefully the few that are left can be better valued again. :(

Its the right time of year:d

There has been a lot of more noticable boy racer/chav type members join in the two years but most seem to be outted early by a few select members, torn to bits and alas never return:)

They also don't seem to keep the cars either long once they realsise the running costs etc:)

But yes, enough of them now buy supras due to the prices and those who do write them off increase everyones premium:(

Edited by hoff (see edit history)